Power Locks Don't Work, but Power Windows Do?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Power Locks Don't Work, but Power Windows Do??????

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
bkfitz

Power Locks Don't Work, but Power Windows Do??????

- 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
- Viper Alarm System installed before I owned it
- Power Locks don't work at anymore, from any door or from the viper remote
- The little light on the power locks switch on drivers and passenger door does light up
- No noises or anything when I press lock/unlock switch on any door
- Power windows all work fine, including the window lock.
- Checked the #13 fuse and it looks fine

HELP!

bkfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had some problems like yours... I just went doorless ..take that power locks and windows .. in the trash
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drivers door master switch issues are common. Driver door wire harness issues are common. The Viper complicates your troubleshooting, especially if the installer was a moron.

You need to do some investigating and locate the cause of the problem, or eliminate one or more of the most common causes of similar problems.

Grab your volts/ohms multi-meter and test for wire continuity, and for power/ground in the correct places. You may want to unplug or disable the Viper and see if that is the cause.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
bkfitz

Ugh... where would you start? Take the panel off the door and check the voltage at the master switch?

I don't even know where the Viper 'box' is?
bkfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfitz View Post
.. where would you start? Take the panel off the door and check the voltage at the master switch ?
Yes.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.