Power Draw Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Power Draw Problem

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
98xj4x4
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Power Draw Problem

Alright, this all started when i had replaced my water pump. when i press the window control for the passenger side window, i have a power draw that dims the interior lights and when the motor is running it bogs down the motor as well. The passenger side window only goes down and not up, i checked the window motor and it works fine, i don't know what it could be. Help would be awesome. Thanx

Unread 02-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The water pump replacement is unrelated. You have a short circuit in the door wiring that should be located and fixed before you damage something or cause a fire.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
severous01

while you're in there clean the window tracks. that's probably causing your 'bog' issue.

clean it with brake cleaner and then lube it with white lithium grease in a spray can with a straw.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.