Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Poor Performance & Mileage

987 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  colt933 
#1 ·
Hello All, A few questions. I'm am on my fourth xj now since 2001 and my current one is giving me problems with the fuel system that i have never run into. I currently have a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust with hollowed out cat, electric fan, and banks power headers. All my jeeps have had the same parts but this seems sluggish compared to the rest and i am only getting about 11mpg. I have replaced the MAP sensor, fuel pressure regulator, injector o-rings, distributor, wires, coil, and fuel filter. I recently discovered a hole in the top of my tank and JB welded it. I also replaced the rubber grommits on top of the tank where the vapor check valves fit. I am at about 13.5 mpg but still sluggish. I have read that the the fuel sytem on these are supposed to be pressurized. With that said i do not have any pressure behind my fuel cap when i remove it, also new. Can a bad fuel vapor canister have this kind of affect or should i be looking for a leak in the system somewhere else. Any ideas would help. The low fuel mileage hurts but the lack of power with the upgrades i have is just annoying. All my other jeeps have gotten about 17+ with 30X9.50's and had tons of power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.