please read - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > please read

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 09-19-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
krs96XJ

please read

OK a couple of things
First of all i went off-roading this afternoon whahoo it was a lot of fun my XJ is all muddy now and it looks better than ever. i do not have any mods on it yet that is what my question is about below. i like to say that it is STOCKTACULAR!! HA! HA!

SO ANYWAY my question is, today on my way home from work i saw this XJ and it looked prety much stock(it was 97 or newer) except it had "after-market" (they looked like Mickey Thompson classic 2's)rims that had a what i am guessing is very little backspacing cause the tires came right to the edge of the fender flares. i thought that it looked really cool cause it gave the truck a nice wide stance and it looked as though it just had a better grip on the road. yada yada yada my question is what amount of backspacing would give such an effect? or is there something else involved like wheel spacers.

the reason i am thinking about doing this is because is i am going to purchase the IRONHORSE SGS EXPERT $1700 so that pretty much limits my funds to nothing but what i could afford are some AR 767's at around $200

p.s. the reason i typed so much about nothing is that my cable TV is out and my mother and sister are watching I AM SAM. YEAH!

peace! K.R.S. aka mountain man

krs96XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

AR sells a 15x7 with 4" BS .... and a 15x8 with 4.75" BS ..... either one will probably give you what you are looking for, though you may experience flare rubbing with the 15x8 ....

I have a chart on my website that may give you some more info on what BS to look for to widen your stance .... just keep in mind that you may need to lift it a little or things might rub....

http://www.patricksnorton.com/cherok...h/rimstuff.htm

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
GottaBeJeep

The 15x8" AR 767's come with 4" BS as well (that's what I have). Someday soon, those are going to go and I will get something with less BS (around 3 1/4 BS), but I don't have any flares, so I can get away with that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.