Passenger window stuck down..help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Passenger window stuck down..help please

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Passenger window stuck down..help please

The passenger side window is not working. I just went to close it and on the way up I heard a "popping" or "snapping" sound and then the window just slid down.

I can still hear the motor working when I move the switch up or down but nothing happens.

Is there just something that broke that holds the window in place with the motor or do I need a whole new power window motor/regulator????

Thanks.

Unread 08-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

yup, regulator broke.

Write-up is doing it on an WJ, but it's basically the same for an XJ.
http://jeepin.com/features/wj_window_regulator/

We've found replacement regulators for ~$46 new on ebay (for WJs). Cheap import knock-offs though, not Mopar brand parts.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
yup, regulator broke.

Write-up is doing it on an WJ, but it's basically the same for an XJ.
http://jeepin.com/features/wj_window_regulator/

We've found replacement regulators for ~$46 new on ebay (for WJs). Cheap import knock-offs though, not Mopar brand parts.
Is the regulator/motor a complete assembly or can you get both separately? I found a regulator with motor (brand new OEM) for $190.00 but I can't find just the regulator.

Is that a good price and if the regulator is separate, where can I get just that.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 08-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

$190 is about the price of the Mopar part from a dealership. The ebay store we got them from is http://myworld.ebay.com/am-autoparts/ but it looks like the $46.95 regulators are just for the WJ Grand Cherokees (considering how often they brake, it's probably a big bulk production, haha). They've got XJ regulators for $119, but I didn't see any for a '99 though. You might contact the seller and see if they can get them for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

You need the complete regulator though.

'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Jason. That's what I figured.

I was quoted $390.00 for the part here in Canada. That's why I buy all of my parts from the U.S.
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
SS01XJ

Take a look at this site and see if the repair kit they have will solve your problem.
http://www.steigerperformance.com
SS01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

my driver side window just did this to me

bigD, have you replaced your regulator? im debating taking it to a stealership and hoping it doesn't hurt the wallet too bad or attempting to do this on my own...
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.