Passenger window stuck down..help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Passenger window stuck down..help please

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Passenger window stuck down..help please

The passenger side window is not working. I just went to close it and on the way up I heard a "popping" or "snapping" sound and then the window just slid down.

I can still hear the motor working when I move the switch up or down but nothing happens.

Is there just something that broke that holds the window in place with the motor or do I need a whole new power window motor/regulator????

Thanks.

Unread 08-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

yup, regulator broke.

Write-up is doing it on an WJ, but it's basically the same for an XJ.
http://jeepin.com/features/wj_window_regulator/

We've found replacement regulators for ~$46 new on ebay (for WJs). Cheap import knock-offs though, not Mopar brand parts.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
yup, regulator broke.

Write-up is doing it on an WJ, but it's basically the same for an XJ.
http://jeepin.com/features/wj_window_regulator/

We've found replacement regulators for ~$46 new on ebay (for WJs). Cheap import knock-offs though, not Mopar brand parts.
Is the regulator/motor a complete assembly or can you get both separately? I found a regulator with motor (brand new OEM) for $190.00 but I can't find just the regulator.

Is that a good price and if the regulator is separate, where can I get just that.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

$190 is about the price of the Mopar part from a dealership. The ebay store we got them from is http://myworld.ebay.com/am-autoparts/ but it looks like the $46.95 regulators are just for the WJ Grand Cherokees (considering how often they brake, it's probably a big bulk production, haha). They've got XJ regulators for $119, but I didn't see any for a '99 though. You might contact the seller and see if they can get them for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

You need the complete regulator though.

'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Jason. That's what I figured.

I was quoted $390.00 for the part here in Canada. That's why I buy all of my parts from the U.S.
Unread 08-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
SS01XJ

Take a look at this site and see if the repair kit they have will solve your problem.
http://www.steigerperformance.com
SS01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

my driver side window just did this to me

bigD, have you replaced your regulator? im debating taking it to a stealership and hoping it doesn't hurt the wallet too bad or attempting to do this on my own...
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.