part identification help needed and gearbox woes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > part identification help needed and gearbox woes

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 03-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
sephenslow1

part identification help needed and gearbox woes

Ok long story,

Bought a 2001 xj cherokee 2.5td with 5 speed gearbox, bought it off a famous auction site advertised as needing a new clutch.
when I went to pick up the jeep the gearbox had been removed by a so called garage.

Replaced the clutch, the garage had forgot to give back the propshaft and lost the crank sensor (I was really pissed), put it all back together but have a very large steel bush of some kind left over with 4 bolts attached to it can't see where it goes at all, it might not even be off this car going by the garages previous mess ups.
Also the transmission now has a problem shifting Down into second and first at speed but if you slow the jeep right down they go in lovely I did swap the oil for ep 75w 90 and the previous owners have got back to me assuring me they had no problems of the like (they have been nothing but helpful throughout and I have no reason to disbelieve them)
The thrust bearing (pressure release bearing does sound noisy for a new item and I will replace.

Any help greatly appreciated

sephenslow1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.