Parking fogs- stupid idea?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Parking fogs- stupid idea??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
bud01234
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
Not terribly impressed by their LAUNDRY ROOM exhibit of the brightness of the lamps
And as everyone else has pointed out, fog lamps need to be low with an unobstructed path to the ground. Not up above, and blocked by, the bumper...
And these look smaller than the existing housing, so you will have gaps.
IF I were set on using these as fogs, I would mount them under the bumper where they might do some good. Their small size would help them survive off-roading sessions.
I agree the laundry room was pretty lame, but I saw another picture that was much more impressive.

They should be here in couple of days and I'll plug them into a jump start battery and see how bright they really are.

I really am not as much interested in using them as fogs as for additional light/driving lights. I still want them aimed down to not blind other drivers.

Thanks for the feedback- I agree i've made up my mind to try it out but not at all sure that it will work out the way I would like.

bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #32
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I know on my 2000, there are 2 bulbs per blinker on the front face of the jeep...what if you were to put an amber and a white bulb in each blinker housing? I wouldn't advise it, but I've seen a couple cars with clear turn signals here in Maine...probably not legal though, especially if you live in an inspection state...

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #33
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

But yeah like others have said, you would risk your blinker housings, yours and others' safety (distraction), and probably be breaking the law...I'd recommend some driving lights drilled to your bumper...I have some and they're very useful...not too simple, but the way they're wired up, I can run low beams alone, or high beams alone, and then (only when in high beam mode) I can hit the switch to turn them on (I see no point in having them on with low beams, seeing as mine are a driving pattern, and also for legal issues.) This way, I can turn on my high beams WITHOUT the driving lights (for legal reasons on busier roads) and then have full lights blazing on back roads

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #34
1997xj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Dude upgrade your headlight harness and do the h4 conversion.
1997xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.