Parking Brake Equalizer Rod Assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Parking Brake Equalizer Rod Assembly

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
browndawgny1
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Parking Brake Equalizer Rod Assembly

1997 Cherokee Sport;
Does anyone know of a company that makes the parking brake adjustment assembly? I have been told by Jeep that they do not make this part as a replacement part anymore. This assembly is composed of the bracket, equalizer rod, equalizer locknut, and the equalizer (as described in the Haynes Repair Manual). My problem is that this whole assembly is totally rotted out with rust, so adjustment of the brake cables is not possible. It may be that the only source will be a salvage yard. Anyone with any information or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

browndawgny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm having this same issue. Has anyone found a replacement online or elsewhere?
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

It is doubtful that anybody besides Jeep makes this assembly.

The best solution is to post in the JeepForum Parts Wanted section or look in the Parts For Sale and Part Out section. Find somebody down south or out west that can help you out with a non-rusty assembly.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Lately I've been trying to buy only new, upgraded parts since I can currently afford it. I think I'll get over sourcing this one used. Thanks.
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I have all that from my 98. $20 shipped.
RedRyderXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

PM sent.
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

YOu can make one with propane torch and some all-thread if nothing else pans out. It's not as elegant, but it's effective.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
MxM
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up going to a junk yard. I agree with AZ Jeff you could make one fairly easy. All thread rod with jam nut and red loctite. You could make one for pretty cheap.
MxM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.