P1494 Leak Detection Pump (LDP) Switch or Mechanical Fault
1. Check to make sure there is manifold vacuum to the LDP. The LDP is located in the engine compartment on the passenger side, near the A/C accumulator.
2. If vacuum is present at the pump, gain access to the LDP electrical connector.
3. Locate the Dark Green/Orange wire. Test voltage on this circuit, it should be battery voltage with the engine running.
4. With the connector plugged in to the LDP, ground the White/Dark Green wire.
5. Attach a test light to battery ground. Probe the last wire on the connector which is White/Orange.
6. Start the engine. Remove the ground and reapply the ground several times. During this sequence of grounding and un-grounding the circuit, the test light should turn on and off. If it does not, it is a bad LDP.
It's most likely either a disconnected or leaking vacuum hose or the LDP (Leak Detection Pump) itself.
"Too weird to live, too rare to die"
2000 XJ Silver, 3", 31's DD
88 XJ Blue, 4.5", 33's, Project Build Thread
Originally Posted by Juju
It makes your trolling more credible to be grammatically correct. Lets everyone know you're a legitimate troll, not just one of those poser trolls.