Oxygen Sensor failed after brought it to Canada - cold weather - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Oxygen Sensor failed after brought it to Canada - cold weather

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Peter2002

Oxygen Sensor failed after brought it to Canada - cold weather

I bought my Grand Cherokee Limited with a V8 engine in California back in 2000. I brought it to Canada three years ago. The CEL went on and it indicated oxygen sensors failed, both upstream and downstream. I did not do anything for two years. Recently, I replaced all four, but then the CEL came on again after 4 days, reset the light, it came on again after 48 hours and it indicated all 4 failed again. I wondered if the cold weather here in Canada requires a different set points in the computer and the oxygen sensors were not really failed in the first place.

Peter2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

These forums are "model specific". This forum is for regular Cherokees (XJ)

You have a Grand Cherokee. Find the year of your Grand Cherokee here and best to make posts in that forum. Good luck!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f2/
tjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
blamo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not likely, I mean, how the heck cold is it getting there? Here in Massachusetts it gets below zero often and it has no effect on O2 sensors.
The sensors have ceramic heaters in them, the are made to bring the sensor up to operating temps quickly. The other metals are not affected by normal temps.
blamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.