Oxygen Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Oxygen Sensor

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-16-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
geep

Oxygen Sensor

How difficult is it for someone to replace their Oxygen Sensor? Specifically on a 91 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 V6? And has anyone gone to a mechanic to have this done and what is the average cost to have this fixed?

thanks

geep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
hamyscj

Well first of all, it's not a V6 it's an I6. And to stop being a smart *** and answer your question, it's not hard at all. All you need is a 7/8 wrench. You can get at it from underneath the best and od it when the engine is cold unless you like the smell of burnt flesh. The part might cost $60 or so at Advance Auto. Hamy.
Unread 08-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
CruzNlife1

the one for my ranger was 30 dollers, and i had to run the engine and make it really hot, just to get that damn thing out

1996 Ranger Supercab....

1991 Mustang LX....

VERY SOON TO BE A BRAND NEW TJ OWNER, TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW !!
CruzNlife1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.