Operation: XJ to the rescue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Operation: XJ to the rescue

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
namtrah
2004 WJ 

Operation: XJ to the rescue

I went over to my friends house to show him some pics of our last trip through the woods. We decided to take a short trip out in the woods, no more than an hour. I had to be back to town by lunch to pick up my girlfriend. That never happened! We were out in his 98 GMC ext cab full size and decided to follow a familiar trail. We just took this trail at midnight a few weeks ago. Well when we got to the small pond at the end of the trail, it teases you like you are a wimp if you don't try. I made it through in my stock XJ, but it is damn deep! If I were going slow, i would have had fish in my cab. So we decided, let's try it. We did and he hammered so hard he dug right into his frame and it was over. We walked 12 miles back to civilization and retrieved my Jeep. First we tried a tow strap, no good, really buried. Then we tried a 4 ton come along. from several anchor points, no dice. Then finally we used my Jeep as an anchor and then a tree with a second 2 ton come along. We cranked him out of it and I used the tow strap to finish off the job. Always bring your Jeep, you never know when you will have to pull out a GM product!

Unread 05-09-2004, 01:07 AM   #2
NotMatt

Good reason to never go wheeling with just one rig. If all else fails, you still have a ride back to civilization. Good story man, I've been there and done that with my jeep... pulled out a friend's full size chevy truck a number of times.
NotMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2004, 09:48 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

psssst, get a winch, oh and never leave your Jeep behind when you go wheelin
Unread 05-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
namtrah
2004 WJ 

In my defense...

I figured that day, since last time, I pushed two holes through my right side rocker panel and the passenger side floor I would let him wreck his vehicle for once. We were just going to kill an hour, how much trouble can you get in? Ha hA!!! No I will not wheel without my beloved XJ anymore, I swear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.