OME liftkit questions, what do I need? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > OME liftkit questions, what do I need?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Shylock24
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OME liftkit questions, what do I need?

This is my first post here, so take it easy on me :P

I bought my 2000 XJ about a month ago, and I'm thinking about having a lift kit installed, and the bushings replaced. When I had it inspected, the mechanic expressed concern about one of the sway bar bushings, which admittedly look a little rough. The leafs seem pretty beat, and I noticed the back sits lower than it should.

For the lift, I don't want to get crazy bc this Jeep is my DD. I'm looking to improve the suspension more than I am looking to raise the height. For this reason, I'm thinking about spending the money on an Old Man Emu kit. New leafs, coils, shocks, and the T-case kit.

I think i'm also going to replace the u bolts, they're pretty beat and rusted (upstate new york winter sucks)

I have a few questions, some of which may be silly.

for the OME kit, which do I want? (light, med, heavy?)

For bushings, should I go for Daystar polyurethane ones or simple rubber?

u bolts, I need 4 right? (that's what I saw under my Jeep...just want to be sure before I order too many/few)

Since I lack the tools/expertise to do this myself, I'm going to have it done professionally. Any ideas as to what it should cost?

Anything else i'm missing? Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Thank you!

Shylock24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.