OME lift came today! Am I ready?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > OME lift came today! Am I ready?!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #16
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You can go get brake lines from a YJ wrangler from an auto parts store. They're longer than the XJs. And most auto parts stores should have the longer U-bolts, I got mine from autozone.

The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
multmigs
2003 WJ 

do you have to do anything with the bumpstops either front or rear on a 2-3"lift?
multmigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
Tess
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good Call
Answers anyone?
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by multmigs View Post
do you have to do anything with the bumpstops either front or rear on a 2-3"lift?
I didn't but I probably should because of my 31s. I've had a few buddies in the way back before along with 3 people in the back seat and I went over a speed bump and I heard and felt my rear tires bottom out in the wheel wells. So while it's not necessary to get extended bumpstops, it may be a good idea.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Tess, you may need a longer rear line. The fronts will be fine though. You can buy a new rear line for a 95 wrangler and it will be 3" longer than your line and bolt right up. If you have a 2wd you will not have to worry about a t-case drop or SYE until you get up in the 5 to 6" of lift range. Without the t-case you have a much longer driveshaft that will be affected a lot less by the lift.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #21
Lupitaboy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by multmigs View Post
I glued old hockey pucks to the base of the coil spring mount for my original 4 inch lift. You can often get them free from ice rinks that support hockey.
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #22
jeep12827
1987 XJ Cherokee 

and how did the glue hold up and what typer of glue
jeep12827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
Lupitaboy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep12827 View Post
and how did the glue hold up and what typer of glue
Any construction adhesive like PL200 or something with exterior applications will work fine.
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just to sum everything up and simplify things, here's everything you'll need...
-Your OME Kit
-Extended U-Bolts for your particular axel
-Coil compressor for putting the spacers on (you can rent one at most parts stores)
-Rear brakelines from a '95 YJ
-Some hockey pucks for the front bumpstops (and the adhesive to hold them in place)
-Maybe look in to extended bumpstops for the rear, it's not imperative (at least in my case) but it wouldn't hurt
-2-4 decent jackstands and a solid floor jack (If you're doing this yourself)
-Hit all the hardware (bolts, etc.) that you'll need to access/take out with some PB Blaster
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
Tess
2001 XJ Cherokee 

LOVE IT! Waiting for the rest of my stuff to get here on Thursday! Then looks like I'll be ready to go. Thanks! WOOOOOOT
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.