OME Leaf Spring Orientation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > OME Leaf Spring Orientation

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
xjbuilder00
1992 XJ Cherokee 

OME Leaf Spring Orientation

Ok I need some help. I just purchased my 2" OME medium duty leafs (they're going on teraflex 1.5" drop shackles. It's my DD so I figured 3.5" on 31s is modest enough without regearing. Anyways I was in the middle of putting my leafs in when I realized that the leafs have different symbols on them. One has a + and the other a O. My dad (also a Jeep nut) was looking at it and figured there wasn't any difference. He has an old CJ7 with the four leafs up front and back and they all have the same symbols so we weren't sure. I was reading alittle while ago that one is rated for the torque side of the axle? However, I also saw some dudes that said they didn't notice anything at all. I already installed the + side on the driverside so if it's incorrect it's gonna be a bi*ch to get it back off. If it actually is supposed to go on the other side then i'll swap it out but I figured I'd ask before doing anything. let me know

92' Cherokee Laredo - 3.5" OME lift, Rusty's Shocks, JKS quick Discos, Rusty's Adj Trac Bar
xjbuilder00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
XJH-007

I think your good to go. Never heard of side specific leaf packs.

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
91xjgawes

i have heard that some companies account for the torque. and i think the passenger side is the one that gets the most of it, i may be wrong but the + probably should have went on the passenger side, again i have only heard this.

2001 xj- 2 inch bb moabs

1998 zj 5.2- 245/75's moabs
91xjgawes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
xjbuilder00
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think i'm good to go anyways, but do you think it would be worth taking it off and putting it back on the passenger side?

92' Cherokee Laredo - 3.5" OME lift, Rusty's Shocks, JKS quick Discos, Rusty's Adj Trac Bar
Unread 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
91xjgawes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjbuilder00 View Post
I think i'm good to go anyways, but do you think it would be worth taking it off and putting it back on the passenger side?
to be honest i dont know 100% later, more than likely a few old timers will chime in and let you know fo sho

2001 xj- 2 inch bb moabs

Unread 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

There was a thread exactly like this this morning. Here is the 800 number to ARB (who imports the OME product line). When I called they told me the coils are side-specific but not the leaf packs. If you wan to get it from the horse's mouth, call 'em and talk to a tech:

http://www.arbusa.com/
ARB 4x4 Accessories
720 SW 34th Street
Renton, WA 98057
Tel: (425) 264 1391
Fax: (425) 264 1392
Toll Free: (866) 293-9078
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
91xjgawes

^ good call...

2001 xj- 2 inch bb moabs

Unread 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
tangofox007
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Here is the 800 number to ARB (who imports the OME product line). When I called they told me the coils are side-specific but not the leaf packs. If you wan to get it from the horse's mouth...
Did the horse know why the springs are marked as they are if the markings are meaningless?
tangofox007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Did the horse know why the springs are marked as they are if the markings are meaningless?
See the other exact same topic thread on this page for an answer.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
xjbuilder00
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I called them, there is a littttttle difference, but the rep said not enoguh to matter to a consumer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.