Old Man Emu UK prices!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Old Man Emu UK prices!!

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
bobtuck
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Old Man Emu UK prices!!

Hi all,

Fitted new 5 leaf heavy duty rear springs to my facelift XJ (1997 Turbo Diesel) and found the (newly bought) standard shocks are now at full extension....and too weak.

Those new five leaf puppies have lifted the arse end up to around 4"+ higher!

(It will probably settle by about an inch or so over the next few weeks/months).

I got a quote here for two OME (N36c's).....$340.00!!

I figure they're cheaper over there (?) would any fellow Jeeper be willing to buy and ship some over to me...IF theyr'e significantly cheaper there (plus shipping)?????

PM me if you can/will help.

Thanks for any help offered.

Bob

Unread 10-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
UKJeepThang
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've used Quadtratec a lot over the past few years and always found their shipping prices to the UK very reasonable. So if you can't get somebody to do this I'd go on the Quad website and order direct.
RE 4.5 inch superflex lift, RE GEN2 disconnects, 15x8 Crager 352's, 33x12.5x15 BFG MT, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, 4.56 Diffs, Cut & Tap Short Shaft Conversion, CV Rear Prop, B&M Transmission Cooler and Gauge, Bushwackers Cut-Outs, Skid Row Armor, AJ's SuperRails, LeBaron Hood Vents, KargoMaster Rack, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Brantz Navigation
Loads a mud!!
UKJeepThang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
stevemedlock
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats worrying - I've not fitted mine yet. I bought the medium duty leafs which are supposed to be 50mm lift. I hope its not much more as I hadn't intended to replace shocks just yet!

Steve
stevemedlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
bobtuck
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys.

The problem with the Quadratec site is that they only use wire transfer for international orders I believe?

Bob
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
UKJeepThang
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtuck View Post
Thanks guys.

The problem with the Quadratec site is that they only use wire transfer for international orders I believe?

Bob
Not that I've experienced unless it's a new policy. I've been using Quad for the past 5 years and always used my debit card. The last order I made was in March 2008, but things might have changed since then.

Maybe because I have used them a lot and they have my records on their system, it allows me to use cards.

Maybe first time international buyers on the Quad site have to use wire transfer to combat card fraud.

Give them a ring and they'll let you know.
RE 4.5 inch superflex lift, RE GEN2 disconnects, 15x8 Crager 352's, 33x12.5x15 BFG MT, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, 4.56 Diffs, Cut & Tap Short Shaft Conversion, CV Rear Prop, B&M Transmission Cooler and Gauge, Bushwackers Cut-Outs, Skid Row Armor, AJ's SuperRails, LeBaron Hood Vents, KargoMaster Rack, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Brantz Navigation
Loads a mud!!
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
UKJeepThang
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just had a thought. You could go through Jason at www.jeepinoutfitters.com as I know he takes PayPal as I've used him for stuff in the past

Check out the website as I know he does OME stuff and the customer service is great (Plug Plug!!)
Loads a mud!!
Unread 10-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
bobtuck
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Stevemedlock - If your shocks are OK (just at too much extension with the lift) go here....

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoShockSpacers.htm

....the guys on the rockznrutz forum in the UK helped me out on this one.

Bob
Unread 10-04-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
stevemedlock
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Cheers Bob.

Steve
stevemedlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.