oil pressure - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > oil pressure

ECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
BIGBADWOLF
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgorringe View Post
I don't have a manual. Shouldn't I put like some Lucius high milage oil or something in it if I want the engine to run real smooth and good and longer. I mean if you say not to use some pos filter then I shouldn't use just some oil that's just the number thing the Manuel says. Maybe a fully senthetic?
For your climate 15-40 and the 4.0 go together like peas and carrots!

BIGBADWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #32
xjdantheman
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i used quaker state defy 10-30 with good results level never seemed to run down. rotella 15W-40 seems to burn up quicker for me.

i have bad valve guide seals and a low end tapping noise i suspect as a cracked flexplate.

i also have low pressure at idle when warm.
xjdantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
brettgorringe
2001 XJ Cherokee 

OK guys so I replaced the the oil filter with a Mopar one and it surprisingly did help a little. I know my next step is to test the oil pressure manually but untell I get around to doing that is there anything else I could replace first?
brettgorringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgorringe View Post
OK guys so I replaced the the oil filter with a Mopar one and it surprisingly did help a little. I know my next step is to test the oil pressure manually but untell I get around to doing that is there anything else I could replace first?
Not surprised at all. Drive it for a bit, but check the pressure first chance you get.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.