oil pressure - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > oil pressure

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
BIGBADWOLF
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgorringe View Post
I don't have a manual. Shouldn't I put like some Lucius high milage oil or something in it if I want the engine to run real smooth and good and longer. I mean if you say not to use some pos filter then I shouldn't use just some oil that's just the number thing the Manuel says. Maybe a fully senthetic?
For your climate 15-40 and the 4.0 go together like peas and carrots!

BIGBADWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #32
xjdantheman
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i used quaker state defy 10-30 with good results level never seemed to run down. rotella 15W-40 seems to burn up quicker for me.

i have bad valve guide seals and a low end tapping noise i suspect as a cracked flexplate.

i also have low pressure at idle when warm.
xjdantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
brettgorringe
2001 XJ Cherokee 

OK guys so I replaced the the oil filter with a Mopar one and it surprisingly did help a little. I know my next step is to test the oil pressure manually but untell I get around to doing that is there anything else I could replace first?
brettgorringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgorringe View Post
OK guys so I replaced the the oil filter with a Mopar one and it surprisingly did help a little. I know my next step is to test the oil pressure manually but untell I get around to doing that is there anything else I could replace first?
Not surprised at all. Drive it for a bit, but check the pressure first chance you get.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
My Jeep Technical Photos

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.