Oil filter adapter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Oil filter adapter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
2000jeepowner

Oil filter adapter

Ok so I have that territory mark every time I park. Thinking it is the oils filter adapter. The jeep is a 2000 xj with the 4.0 l. Any suggestions on if the hex bolt is there?

2000jeepowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/oil-...pter-fix-4338/

Good luck. It's on there very tight.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
dgood
1995 XJ Cherokee 

easy repair if you have the hex wrench (L shape one). Took about a half hour. some people say it is really on tight, mine was not maybe that is why it leaked. You have to do it from top and bottom and you get pretty close to your starter so disconnect your battery. dont get the generic seals that are hanging on the shelf at the auto parts store, get the correct one. I ordered it from advance and it was delivered the next day.
dgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
MikeT3
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Have all the right tools available (T60 torx bit or what ever fits the bolt) and then get the engine hot, not just warm but drive it around to get it up to full temperature then remove the oil filter. The adapter bolt should come out with a little tug on the wrench. It worked for me and I have passed it on to others that said that it worked for them. It is a little tight in there but give it a try.

Good Luck
MikeT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
2000jeepowner

I also want to sea foam the engine. Should I do seafoam first. Then change oil and adapter rings?
2000jeepowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.