8) Then I took my wire brush attachment on the Dremel, cleaned up the loose bits of metal, then ran the new hardware over the drilled area, to make sure nothing would snag... It was a little tight the first time, but spun freely afterwards.
9) Then just mount 'em up! Mine fit a little tight on top, so I suggest you give a little extra space if possible.
10) Price breakdown:
(2) OE replacement M10 x 1.50 nuts - $0.60
(2) M10 lock/split washers - $0.26
(2) OE replacement M12 x 1.75 nuts - $1.40
(2) M12 washers - $0.24
(2) M12 lock/split washers - $0.30
(2) M10 x 1.50 wing nuts - $1.30
(2) M12 x 1.75 wing nuts - $2.68
(4) 3/32" x 1 5/8" hitch pins (two spares) - $0.80
(4) 3/32" x 2 5/16" hitch pins (two spares) - $0.68
(1) 3/32" carbite (for hardened steel) bit - $2.99
I also chose to replace the bushings with some Prothane replacements:
(1) set of 8 bushings (for F & R) - $11.99
Total (with new bushings): $23.24
11) Drove it around the block, went over some speed bumps, my driveway is pretty rough, and it felt 100% stock, so I don't have any concerns for the time being. I will be carrying the spare hardware with me, however, along with some pliers for the hitch pins. You might also want some WD-40 to spray off the threads after some mud/trail running. I was thinking about using the clevis pins, but I didn't like the idea of it flapping around, so utilizing the stock bolts ended up working out.
Please let me know if you have any revisions/typos/websites to include. Hope it was helpful to some broke stocker Jeepers like me...
Disclaimer: The information here is presented to the best of my knowledge. All information given is as accurate as possible, but may not apply to your specific vehicle. I am not liable for any damage or injury resulting from use of information or procedures on this page. Please use all proper safety equipment and practices when working on your vehicle.