The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read* - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read*

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #61
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
do you have a price as to how much it ended up running you to have them install it?
-Kyle
Well, I got a new DS as well, and an adapter flange for my 8.8. The total was $545.00, of which, IIRC, $45.00 was for the adapter. I'm not sure what it would be w/o the DS (or even if that is an option).

Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #62
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco
Well, I got a new DS as well, and an adapter flange for my 8.8. The total was $545.00, of which, IIRC, $45.00 was for the adapter. I'm not sure what it would be w/o the DS (or even if that is an option).
alright thanks, i guess i will give them a call and get the different options then include that in this thread.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #63
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Another great write up man

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #64
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler
Another great write up man
thanks

i cant believe you guys are just seeing this now, i wrote it about a month ago (i think)

but anyway, hope it helps some people out.

-Kyle
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #65
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
thanks

i cant believe you guys are just seeing this now, i wrote it about a month ago (i think)

but anyway, hope it helps some people out.

-Kyle

I'm not over here as much anymore and I searched SYE for some info and got this. This writeup would work for the YJ as well

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #66
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

yup pretty much it will work for any jeep with a 231 or a 242 TC, and can give a pretty good guide to those who still need a SYE but dont have the of the said transfer cases.

-Kyle
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #67
JeffW
2007 XK Commander 

Read the info and have seen other info in the forums as well.

I am almost complete on parts for a 3.5 RE Super flex lift and need to get a SYE.

So from what I have read, I can go to a junk yard and pull a front DS off a Cherokee with a 231( what i have) and it will fit right up with a stardard SYE kit?
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #68
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Thats a nice guide.

Question: will a front DS from a 4 banger work with the hack n tap. I dont see why not but i need to make sure.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #69
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffW
Read the info and have seen other info in the forums as well.

I am almost complete on parts for a 3.5 RE Super flex lift and need to get a SYE.

So from what I have read, I can go to a junk yard and pull a front DS off a Cherokee with a 231( what i have) and it will fit right up with a stardard SYE kit?
yes if your getting the SYE kit that replaces the output shaft a front DS will bolt right up to that kit.

-Kyle
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator
Thats a nice guide.

Question: will a front DS from a 4 banger work with the hack n tap. I dont see why not but i need to make sure.
you will want a 4.0L, auto tranny, and 231 TC to have the correct front DS. but i have never looked into the 4banger front driveshafts so when you go to pick one up look for the PN of the 4banger front DS compared to the PN of the 4.0L front DS.

-Kyle
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #71
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
you will want a 4.0L, auto tranny, and 231 TC to have the correct front DS. but i have never looked into the 4banger front driveshafts so when you go to pick one up look for the PN of the 4banger front DS compared to the PN of the 4.0L front DS.

-Kyle
I see, i could ask the seller what the PN is and then check the one on my jeep. Where exactly is the PN located?
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #72
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I see, i could ask the seller what the PN is and then check the one on my jeep. Where exactly is the PN located?
myne was on the side of the shaft before i painted it, or you could go to the dealership and ask them. but im pretty sure they are the same as long as its an auto tranny paired up with a 231.

-Kyle
Unread 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #73
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
myne was on the side of the shaft before i painted it, or you could go to the dealership and ask them. but im pretty sure they are the same as long as its an auto tranny paired up with a 231.

-Kyle
Thats what i thought too. I figured the 4 cyl was mounted the same and all, just missing the two front cyls. Ill double check thought thank Kyle.

- Kyle
Unread 07-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #74
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thats what i thought too. I figured the 4 cyl was mounted the same and all, just missing the two front cyls. Ill double check thought thank Kyle.

- Kyle
definatly make sure you double check before you spend the money, but i see no reason for that DS being any different from one out of a 6cyl.

-Kyle
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #75
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I have one or two questions that I haven't been able to figure out after reading. When looking at this hack N tap kit,
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=153,
I still need to find the spicer part and a DS correct? I'm assuming it comes with everything else I'll need.

There isn't a detailed description on jeepinoutfitters as to what the differences are between this SYE kit and he others listed, and the pictures leave something to be desired.

It seems like a pretty good price, assuming I can locate the DS and spicer part locally.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.