The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read* - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read*

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #301
BigCoy1986
2001 XJ Cherokee 

SYE and CV drive shaft- Rough Country

Alright guys, help me out here. Rough country makes a SYE kit and a CV drive shaft to go with it. I have a 2001 XJ with a 3" lift, an NP231 TC and a Chrysler 8.25 rear axle. I am thinking of buying this kit because I am still getting some vibrations at or around 65+ MPH on the high way. Also, when I engage my 4x4 every now and then it doesnt want to disengage. Not always but every once in a while.
Would the SYE help with this issue disengaging issue?
Would this help with the drive line vibrations I am feeling at 65+ MPH?
Does anyone know if these are good parts? I cant find any reviews on them.

Help point me in the right direction, please.

Unread 03-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #302
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The 4x4 disengagement thing will not be helped by adding an SYE kit (at least not that I have ever heard of or can see how it would). Mine does that too sometimes, I simply stop, back up a little bit in reverse and then drive forward, pops right out. Same thing, not all the time but once in a while.

The SYE will completely remove all vibes and drive-line noise. This appears to be the Advanced Adapters HD SYE and the Tom Woods DS. Both are top notch components. I have had the AA SYE for 4 years now, works amazingly well and is well worth the money/effort.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-dr...riveshaft.html

If you want to go cheaper, you can grab the AA SYE and a front driveshaft (double cardan style) from a 4WD Cherokee XJ and use it as a rear shaft with this SYE. I did that, and have picked up a spare, so I have 3 identical drive shafts and I got both for $100 bucks.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #303
BigCoy1986
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
The 4x4 disengagement thing will not be helped by adding an SYE kit (at least not that I have ever heard of or can see how it would). Mine does that too sometimes, I simply stop, back up a little bit in reverse and then drive forward, pops right out. Same thing, not all the time but once in a while.

The SYE will completely remove all vibes and drive-line noise. This appears to be the Advanced Adapters HD SYE and the Tom Woods DS. Both are top notch components. I have had the AA SYE for 4 years now, works amazingly well and is well worth the money/effort.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-dr...riveshaft.html

If you want to go cheaper, you can grab the AA SYE and a front driveshaft (double cardan style) from a 4WD Cherokee XJ and use it as a rear shaft with this SYE. I did that, and have picked up a spare, so I have 3 identical drive shafts and I got both for $100 bucks.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice I appreciate it man.
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #304
BigCoy1986
2001 XJ Cherokee 

How hard is it to do a SYE while still on the vehicle????
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #305
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I have read, and been told, that high speed vibrations are caused by balance issues.
SYEs address driveline angles, which cause LOW speed vibrations.

When you say you are *still getting* vibrations, have you tried to mitigate them somehow and it didn't help?

And some people think it's easier to install the SYE w/o removing the T-case (presumably with the Jeep on a lift!).
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #306
mhg
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OK help me out here....I am researching an SLE for my 2000 XJ. I see many kits come with a CV shaft. What am I missing. That shaft is obviously shorter than the stock shaft. is there another component I am needing? While I have access to a lift and have always done all my own repairs, I would prefer to buy a complete kit and not have my jeep sitting on my brothers lift while I wait for more parts to come.

I found this web site what asks for the measurements. http://www.rockridge4wd.com/Jeep-XJ-...cv-sye-kit.htm. Are these any good?

I don't have any vibration but I do have a droning at 60 mph which could also be my pinion bearing or just a pinion angle (which I will be measuring tonight). But I should have a SLE with a 4.5" lit so I figure what the hell...
mhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #307
cpeters1928

Ok I have a 96 xj and I've been having very bad sounds coming from my t-case.

I currently have a 4.5" lift and I do I have a T-Case drop kit installed. This helped with vibration issues but I am still having others.

I hear a clanking sound in the tcase when stopped then when I let off the brake and go at idle speed it's silent and feels smooth.

Then if I hit the gas and accelerate it's makes like a "wawawawa" (lol) sound that gets faster as I accelerate then fades away.

I also hear a droaning at high speeds

My question is, will a SYE resolve these problems and if so, what kind should I get?
cpeters1928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.