The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read* - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread *All Read*

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #226
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I got an answer back that says it will fit, but like you said, might need a longer driveshaft. Ive read that the PORC one will work with a front auto shaft, which is the same price as the Rugged ridge on ebay.

The wait to the next pay begins.... Unless i get some of these other parts sold.
What do you mean it will fit but you need a longer shaft? The shaft fitment (length) is what Im referring to. If the SYE were short enough and you run enough lift the shaft could separate. Not the best of situations.

No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #227
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

What do you guys think of the Tom Woods SYE kit. It is a stock shaft which is modified. How would you compare this to a standard (non HD) SYE kit?

In regards to a stock front drive shaft, do you think it would work with a 6.5" lift and a standard non short SYE kit (Rugged ridge for instance)? 4.0 with Aw4 and 8.25 setup.

How would you compare the strength of a front D/S to a standard Tom Woods drive shaft.
motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #228
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone have an idea? I want to order a kit asap
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #229
Jeepfan1000
1978 CJ7 

Hey sorry if this was already brought up, I couldn't find it, but yesterday on te trail I had to take my front drive shaft off because one of the bolts was missing that attaches it to the yoke but I didn't realize it before but it looks like my front drive shaft has a sye. Do those come stock? It wasn't lifted when I got it and I put 3 " on it with no vibrations. I'm not sure what tcase I have but it's an 89 with a 4.0
Jeepfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #230
rubiprime

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsports3 View Post
Anyone have an idea? I want to order a kit asap
I just did a rugged ridge sye this weekend and used a stock front drive line from an auto w/ a 231 t/c and it worked great . also on a 97 xj with 6 in lift.
rubiprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #231
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I ended up doing a front driveshaft and PORC HD SYE for less than the TW one, and I didnt have to have $100.00 tied up in a core charge.
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #232
01xjblu

some helpfull info needed

2001 xj 4.0 auto 242 tc with 4" lift and 33" bfg(has vibe 45-55). I'm taking out 8.25 and putting a2002 8.8 with disk brakes in and i would like to do a sye with a yoke not flange (prob h&t) and run a xj front ds. also i would like a yoke not flange on the 8.8. has any one done this if so what parts did you use?
01xjblu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #233
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01xjblu View Post
2001 xj 4.0 auto 242 tc with 4" lift and 33" bfg(has vibe 45-55). I'm taking out 8.25 and putting a2002 8.8 with disk brakes in and i would like to do a sye with a yoke not flange (prob h&t) and run a xj front ds. also i would like a yoke not flange on the 8.8. has any one done this if so what parts did you use?
you want a yoke on the 8.8?

dont think anyone has done that. besides, the flange setup is MUCH stronger than a yoke
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #234
01xjblu

Ok thanks. I will keep the flange on th 8.8 I will be doing a iro h&t. Can I still use a front stock ds or will I have to mod the shaft length? Has any one done the iro 8.8 weld on truss?
01xjblu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #235
Riley/MN
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I did a quick search, but could not find an answer to this - Hopefully it is not one of those things that has been dead-horsed on here....

I have a 98 with 231. I have had the IRO 4" long-arm kit installed (LOVE IT, BTW) and have a little bit of vibration at low speed. Contrary to popular beliefs, I DO drive at lower speeds sometimes, so I had my shop order me IRO's H&T SYE. I also have a Dana 44 Rear from an early XJ that I hope to install eventually.

Should I wait & do the SYE and the 44 at the same time? Have any of you guys that put 44s in your XJs had to change the driveshaft length?

Thanks
http://www.traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.com
Riley/MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #236
tycloud
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I guess I found the spot to ask a ? about SYE. This is my first jeep it's a 96 XJ country and I just put a Rusty's 3" with new spring packs on it, and I have Drive line Vibes now. I tried a 1" TC drop and I swear that just made it worse a lower speeds but a little better in mid range and same at highway speed. This is my wife’s DD and we take it camping a lot so I need it to ride smooth at 70+ will the Tom Woods SYE and CV drive shaft do the trick?? Also I'm thinking about taking it to a shop so they can shim the axle if needed. I had the jeep down for 1 week doing the lift, and at this point I just want it running. Money isn't too big of an issue if. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
tycloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #237
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

We used a tattons shaft and an AA sye kit

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #238
roblaza
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I read about 95% of this thread, and I've gained a lot a valuable info on the subject and I want to thank everyone who gave info!

I would like to just confirm what I've read 110% before I bite the bullet and drop the cash (as little as it is, it's still tight for me from just getting out of college). I've got a 3" zone lift in my 99 xj, and I have vibes at 50-60 km/h. I'm looking at the 231 HnT SYE to cure the vibes. From what I've read, If I do the HnT I can then run a front cv style shaft from the same year xj for a rear shaft, correct???

Thanks in advance guys!
roblaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #239
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thats correct. IRO even says this on their site.
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XDT
No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #240
tycloud
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Are there any options out there for those of us with a NP 242 and not a hack n tap other than Tom woods??
tycloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.