OEM Shock, and HD leaf spring replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > OEM Shock, and HD leaf spring replacement

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 12-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
mudflaps

OEM Shock, and HD leaf spring replacement

I am preparing to replace all 4 shocks, as well as my sagging leaf spring pack. I plan on doing an HD spring pack so I can do some light to medium towing. Will using the HD pack raise my ride height in the rear, versus a new standard OEM spring pack?

Any advice on what to replace? I just want stock ride height, with any added towing capacity I can get.

mudflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
mudflaps

Well, did some reading on here, seems everyone recommends the OME springs. If I don't lift the front, is my truck gonna look super raked out?
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Craig00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This might not be very helpful, but thats what Im planning to do as well. OME Light or Med duty should net a couple inches. What you could do for the front is grab a couple of V8 ZJ coils which I hear will lift the front about an inch or so. So total, youd be lifted about in inch more in the rear than the front, but I like the slight rake. If you do go with the OME springs, could you post up some pics? Id really like to see the final product.
Craig00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
mudflaps

ill see what i can do for pics. im also contemplating just replacement HD or medium duty leafs with 7" arc, or 5.5" arc, not Old Man Emu brand. I want the added tow capacity, but not a stupid look with the rear all jacked up high.

*edit* I was also looking at some sensi trac monroe shocks with an added spring at the top. supposedly these work to give an added 200lbs or so towing capacity? anyone used these?
Unread 12-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Reasonably priced replacement springs are the Dormans. Around 100 each from Rock or Advance with discount code. This will give about 1" of lift over stock.
The coil over shocks are not a good idea as they will be pushing against the rear floor (where the upper shock mount is attached.) There isnt enough meat to support extra weight by them.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.