Ok, i have a check engine light on. So i took it to my friends shop and he ran the OBD II scanner on it, and gave me a code of "P1492". Now, i looked up the code (I found it here: http://www.troublecodes.net/chrysler/95-98truck.shtml
) and it states: "Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too High". I've been having problems with my battery lately, and i did disconnect a sensor that was around there, the light didn't come on. After i drove it around a bit, it came on.
1) What is this sensor for?
2) If i hook everything back up, just like it was, would the light go off? (I havent tried this because i cut the battery wire too short, so i have to buy a cable first. I just hooked up the sensor itself and the light was still on, but when i did this the sensor was not touching the battery in anyway).
Any information on this would be helpful, thanks!