OBD II - code: P1492 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > OBD II - code: P1492

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-19-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
fut

OBD II - code: P1492

Ok, i have a check engine light on. So i took it to my friends shop and he ran the OBD II scanner on it, and gave me a code of "P1492". Now, i looked up the code (I found it here: http://www.troublecodes.net/chrysler/95-98truck.shtml ) and it states: "Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too High". I've been having problems with my battery lately, and i did disconnect a sensor that was around there, the light didn't come on. After i drove it around a bit, it came on.

My Question:

1) What is this sensor for?

2) If i hook everything back up, just like it was, would the light go off? (I havent tried this because i cut the battery wire too short, so i have to buy a cable first. I just hooked up the sensor itself and the light was still on, but when i did this the sensor was not touching the battery in anyway).

Any information on this would be helpful, thanks!

fut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:40 PM   #2
fut

OK, i just read on a TJ article that after 40 warm-up's the light will go off.

Also if you disconnect your battery for 15+ minutes the computer will reset itself, and this will cause the MIL (check engine light) to go off.

Do these options work on XJ's too?
fut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:52 AM   #3
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I might be wrong but...

I think the light will go off after 3 startups after the problem has gone away. If the problem still exists, the light will continue to come on.

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.