o2 sensors - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
anony
1998 XJ Cherokee 

o2 sensors

My Check Engine Light has started to illuminate with a P0132 DTC.

Started to occur after crossing a dip along the ocean beach. I didn't slow down when crossing dip produced by water run-off.

A code P0132 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The oxygen sensor heater circuit is shorted out The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed (less likely)

Possibly a wire or connection was jarred loose or the sensor just went bad as it's stuck at a 1 volt reading from an OBD2 scanner.

I'm wondering which brand(s) of o2 sensors are currently considered to be any good for use with the XJ 4.0L?

I remember when purchasing the current front and rear NTK O2 sensors a couple years ago, the warranty was for 50,000 miles.

Currently NTKs o2 sensor warranty is for 60 days and the online store for the NTK o2 sensors purchased ~2 years ago. "No longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-15-2017, 07:55 PM
bluejunior
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony View Post
My Check Engine Light has started to illuminate with a P0132 DTC.

Started to occur after crossing a dip along the ocean beach. I didn't slow down when crossing dip produced by water run-off.

A code P0132 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The oxygen sensor heater circuit is shorted out The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed (less likely)

Possibly a wire or connection was jarred loose or the sensor just went bad as it's stuck at a 1 volt reading from an OBD2 scanner.

I'm wondering which brand(s) of o2 sensors are currently considered to be any good for use with the XJ 4.0L?

I remember when purchasing the current front and rear NTK O2 sensors a couple years ago, the warranty was for 50,000 miles.

Currently NTKs o2 sensor warranty is for 60 days and the online store for the NTK o2 sensors purchased ~2 years ago. "No longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty."
NTK is the preferred brand, they were the OEM. ~25/sensor on rockauto. If you do go with something else, stay away from Bosch. They're known to cause issues

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.