Np231 Problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Shyster
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Np231 Problems

Hey guys

I've been having some problems with my t/c after installing an SYE kit. It is generally hard and clunky to shift with either the linkage or the lever on the case. Going from 2H to 4H seems to be the hardest transition but when I can get it to go all of the modes seem to work properly after a little crunching and/or grinding initially. Another odd and perhaps telling thing is that when the t/c is in neutral and I try to put the tranny in park there is a light grinding noise and the tranny eventually crunches into park.

I've adjusted the linkage as per the FSM and it did seem to make a slight difference and I had no problems with the linkage before my lift/SYE. Also, all of the pads on the shift forks are good

Does this sound like a linkage thing or should I be pulling the case? If I need to pull what should I be looking for?

Thanks
Shaun

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did you install a Hack & Tap SYE or did you you disassemble the case and install a Heavy Duty SYE ?

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Shyster
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's a rugged ridge Heavy duty
post #4 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 PM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would guess that you have a linkage adjustment problem and just to need to try the procedure again.

Any problems with the SYE install or leftover parts ?

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2011, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Shyster
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nope, no problems and no left over parts. I think I'm gonna pick up the Novak cable shifter kit, just because I never liked the way the jeeps shifted in the first place, hopefully this solves my problem.

Tags
2000 , cherokee , np231 , problem , shifting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.