Now This Pisses Me Off.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Now This Pisses Me Off..

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
tarvis
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Now This Pisses Me Off..

http://www.rolloverlawyer.com/jeep/

OK, FIRST I KNOW THAT THE WRANGLER IS THE ONLY JEEP THAT HAS A FACTORY ROLL BAR AND WARNINGS ON THE VISORS(maybe). but this is a lawyer that has pinpointed jeeps as a good scam to make some money...he also has other cars too..it's like these people have never heard of "jeep", and just didnt see the huge "ROLLBAR" in the middle of the jeep..

sorry, venting...
-travis

p.s. i know its mainly about wranglers, but he wants all cases..cherokees, grand cherokees, liberty etc...

-No muffler, dumped before axle, K&N air filter
-homemade rack/bumper with six 55w 5 inch lights attached
tarvis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

if there is a way to sue somebody over something - the shysters will find it!
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Ed in North Ga
1989 MJ Comanche 

actually, what he writes about is somewhat accurate, history wise.
Its just a shame he wants to retrofit his lawsuites to fit old technology-

wise man knows: all vehicles can rollover when in use-

but, we are in a world populated by vultures (lawyers) who love to sue-

if they dont make money, how are they going to pay for their jeeps?
Unread 02-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

He seems very biased against SUV's, but he probably drives a BMW X5 or Porsche Chyanne oh wait they are not "SUV's" they are Sports Activity Vehicles. He's an a$$ for targeting Jeeps just my .02 cents.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Thayer

Holy cow, I actually sat next to the lawyer behind this firm on a plane trip. He saw that I was reading the Jp magazine and asked me what I drove. I talked to him for an hour and he seemed like a decent dude. He told me about the website, but I never got around to checking it out. He mainly talked to me about the Ford Escape. He said it's cheap, so there are lots of new drivers who flip it by driving like an idiot. If I remember correctly, he said he has a whole bunch of full-size SUV's, Tahoe, Suburban, etc etc, on his farm. Anyways, he's a personal injury lawyer, what do you expect....
[SIZE=1]1997 Cherokee Sport NAXJA #1255
RK 4.5" LA Kit
[/SIZE]
Thayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
Helmut

Haha, I like the picture of the Dodge truck at the top and when you click on it it's about Chevy truck rollovers.
Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
anony91xj

Well, let's be honest. SUV's by nature are top-heavy vehicles. Top-heavy vehicles, by nature, have more of a rollover tendancy than vehicles that are not so top-heavy. I've always been an advocate of regular station wagons (which are unfortunately now extinct, save for the new Dodge Magnum and some high-priced European makes), and minivans for larger family transport. There really is no need for an SUV unless you plan to wheel it or go offroad. Unfortunately, too many people get SUV's (especially larger ones, like the Suburban or H2) to compensate for lack of size elsewhere, you do know that if you use a minivan to transport your family you've automatically got a small wang, right? I mean seriously, most SUV's are useless offroad, my 19-year-old Xj recently had to pull a friend's '03 explorer out of his own back yard where he got stuck in stuff my stock XJ easily handled. Unless it's a work truck or you wheel as a hobby, get a minivan or wagon. I'm not a fan of the XJ's road manners, it's slow, doesn't stop great, and feels top-heavy. Compare it to my old Volvo 945 turbo wagon on the pavement, and the XJ is a complete turd with lack of interior space and amenities to boot. I like going through mud as a hobby, so I get an XJ...admittedly I don't drive it in the summer months, that's what the Mustang's for.

So, don't get an SUV unless you're gonna use it. Too many soccer moms get SUV's. If you're not gonna leave the pavement, get a Dodge Caravan or a Volvo wagon. If you wanna go off-road, get an SUV...but drive it slow, in the right lane, and keep it under control. Don't mistake it for a car. Don't babble on your cell phone while driving (this applies to all vehicles, but SUV's give people too much confidence). Don't think that you can block the left lane doing 45 in a 50 and give me the finger when I honk the horn and flash the high beams at the same time because I wanna pass. Drive the SUV in the right lane, at or below the speed limit, and relize that traffic laws still apply to you...and get rid of that ****ing "I'm bigger, move over" mentality. Unfortunataly, modern SUV's only promote that thinking, especially in the modern woman driver.

Oh, if you think 4WD is necessary in the snow, get snow tires and get a 2WD more practical and safer vehicle. If you can't handle that, surrender your driver's license and walk. I don't think i've ever had to put my XJ into 4WD in the snow on a paved road.

Oh, and the so-called "cross-over" SUV's are complete crap. Get a truck or get a car, period.

If I flip my XJ, I certainly don't plan on suing DaimlerChrysler. I'll smack myself in the head and ask why I drove like a moron. It's not the vehicle manufacturer's fault if the driver doesn't know how to handle a car. In fact, I've got a warning printed clearly on the visor of my 1987 XJ, that the car may roll over if you drive like an idiot...it's pathetic that this should even have to be there. People buying such vehicles should know their limits.

OK, that's the end of my rant...I think...

Last edited by anony91xj; 02-18-2006 at 11:10 PM..
anony91xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #8
BigGreenoh9
1997 XJ Cherokee 

anyone notice he misspelled wagoneer? was there even a grand wagoneer limited (as he stated)?

my friend rolled his 94 cavalier, which proves that ANY car can rollover if driven improperly (key word, IMPROPERLY)

guess he just doesnt get the jeep thing
Unread 02-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #9
xray

If you never put your xj in 4 wheel drive why dont you have a 2 wheel drive xj? 4wd does make a big difference in snow as well as rain. I have a 96 suburban that I dont wheel so does that mean I should get a taurus to pull my trailers? Maybe you should sell me your 87 xj ( since you dont use it as intended) and I will come and pick it up with my suburban (that has a lot more room than a mini van) that I should not have because I dont take it off road. I think your ranting to the wrong group of people. Do you know how to put that thing into 4wd? I suppose you are well endowed because you have a smaller car and you are so secure in your manhood. Maybe i will drive in the right lane and below the posted limit when I'm half blind and my reactions slow to the point I shouldnt be driving so I can cause an accident. Most people that drive suv's know how to handle them and have no problems at all, but there are a few that dont. So does that mean no one should have one. I could start ripping on your cute little cars but I wont even though dont like the way some jerk drives his or her car that has a GT trinket on it. I bet that GT makes it go faster. I dont think those two little letters should be on a car because it might mean the owner might drive it like they are in a real grand touring car and ... never mind I dont think you will get the point if you got stuck in your stuffy a$$ with it.
xray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2006, 03:01 AM   #10
conrasm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

THe only thing that makes me more angry than that are class action lawsuits. All the people the lawyers round up end up with about $1000 each and the lawyers get to keep half of the total settlement (millions ).
'07 Ram 1500 quad cab
Heritage Region Jeep Alliance
conrasm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #11
anony91xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray
If you never put your xj in 4 wheel drive why dont you have a 2 wheel drive xj? 4wd does make a big difference in snow as well as rain. I have a 96 suburban that I dont wheel so does that mean I should get a taurus to pull my trailers? Maybe you should sell me your 87 xj ( since you dont use it as intended) and I will come and pick it up with my suburban (that has a lot more room than a mini van) that I should not have because I dont take it off road. I think your ranting to the wrong group of people. Do you know how to put that thing into 4wd? I suppose you are well endowed because you have a smaller car and you are so secure in your manhood. Maybe i will drive in the right lane and below the posted limit when I'm half blind and my reactions slow to the point I shouldnt be driving so I can cause an accident. Most people that drive suv's know how to handle them and have no problems at all, but there are a few that dont. So does that mean no one should have one. I could start ripping on your cute little cars but I wont even though dont like the way some jerk drives his or her car that has a GT trinket on it. I bet that GT makes it go faster. I dont think those two little letters should be on a car because it might mean the owner might drive it like they are in a real grand touring car and ... never mind I dont think you will get the point if you got stuck in your stuffy a$$ with it.
Wow, I was drunk as hell last night when I made that rambling post, but I guess I hit a nerve with someone

SUV's are top-heavy, but any car can indeed roll if driven improperly. I don't know where you live, but here in NJ 99% of them are driven by soccer moms without a clue in the world as how to handle them. They all throw it in 4WD in the snow, and 80% of the cars I see spun off the road in a snowstorm here are 4WD SUV's. Sure I use 4WD on occassion in the snow because it does help, but I don't think I'd ever have been hopelessly stuck without it. I drove a RWD Volvo for years in the snow, and never got stuck or lost control with a good set of snow tires. I don't like Suburbans and Expeditions, etc personally because they're way too big to maneuver IMO, it's much easier to navagate a smaller vehicle in a parking lot for example. If you use it for towing and need a tow vehicle that can hold a family, a suburban is justified. But for parents that have one or 2 kids and never tow a damn thing, why the hell do you need that bigass thing?
Unread 02-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
xray

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
Wow, I was drunk as hell last night when I made that rambling post, but I guess I hit a nerve with someone

SUV's are top-heavy, but any car can indeed roll if driven improperly. I don't know where you live, but here in NJ 99% of them are driven by soccer moms without a clue in the world as how to handle them. They all throw it in 4WD in the snow, and 80% of the cars I see spun off the road in a snowstorm here are 4WD SUV's. Sure I use 4WD on occassion in the snow because it does help, but I don't think I'd ever have been hopelessly stuck without it. I drove a RWD Volvo for years in the snow, and never got stuck or lost control with a good set of snow tires. I don't like Suburbans and Expeditions, etc personally because they're way too big to maneuver IMO, it's much easier to navagate a smaller vehicle in a parking lot for example. If you use it for towing and need a tow vehicle that can hold a family, a suburban is justified. But for parents that have one or 2 kids and never tow a damn thing, why the hell do you need that bigass thing?

If you need a hangover cure I'm sure someone here can help you out. lol.
xray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.