Not a normal crank story - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Not a normal crank story

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 09-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Thd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not a normal crank story

First off i have a 98 cherokee sport 4.0 So many problems with my cherokee. First it starts the no start issue after I drive for awhile I messed around with some fuses and relays things like that and it stopped for a couple days, then it started cutting out and stalling really bad i couldn't get over 10mph and it wouldn't shift so i swapped computers with a 99 cherokee and it ran perfect for about a month then started the no start agin i changed to tps and it stopped for a day or 2 started again then I changed the cps and cam sensor the no start issue is now fixed but it has a really tough idle after components under the good get hot runs perfect for about a 15 mile drive and pulls up and intermittent loss if cam and crank sensor the longer it runs the worse the rpms jump around and cuts out pleaseeeee helpppppp meeeee I love my xj!!!!!

Thd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Are you using genuine Jeep repair parts or crappy Chinese "Lifetime Warranty" parts ?

Are ALL of your tune parts fresh, including the coil ? Have you cleaned the Throttle Body and Idle Air Controller recently ?

How old are your O2 sensors and have you tested them for correct functioning ?

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Thd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Everything from advance auto I've thought about buying genuine mopar after reading everyone else's threads but didnt want to spend that money unless I thought it was a for sure thing i couldn't find any other threads EXACTLY like mine
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Thd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cleaned the throttle body but not the IAC everything else is new, it almost seems like it gets so hot under my hood everything just goes to crap because its a little extreme although it dorsnt get "temperature hot" I can barely touch the computer it will sizzle your fingers just about
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cheap crappy "Lifetime Warranty" parts are often out of specification, or even failed, right out of the box. Many times they have a short service life before they fail. Always buy top quality replacement parts and genuine Jeep sensors. Numerous threads detail long and frustrating searches for a "problem" that ended up being cured with genuine Jeep repair parts.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Thd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cleaned the iac, drove it for the first time in a couple days and now I have codes p1491 p1492 p1694 and p1391 I will replace the sensors tomorrow if the dealer has them in stock and let you know if that fixes the problem
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
Thd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The mopar crank sensor fixed it haha thanks man
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thd View Post
The mopar crank sensor fixed it

Tags
cherokee , jeep , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.