JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/)
-   -   No more 'Picture Request' threads unless they contain real tech content (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/no-more-picture-request-threads-unless-they-contain-real-tech-content-558245/)

EricsXJ 05-13-2008 10:31 PM

No more 'Picture Request' threads unless they contain real tech content

Tonight I moved or closed 4 or 5 'Picture Requests' that were posted just today or yesterday. 2 of which were asking for pics of 3" lift and 31's "just because I'd like to see what it would look like".

Please.

We have plenty of picture threads already, many of which are stickies.

We have a XJ Lift Setups thread which already has just about every lift and tire combination known to man.

If you want to see what x product looks on an XJ, I suggest first looking at that manufacturers website. They probably already have a pic of it there for you. If you want more, use the Search feature. If you do not know what the Search feature is, here is a video tutorial.

Lastly if none of this works for you, you can post your Picture Request in the Picture Request section.

Also since I am on the subject, tire reviews such as "BFG M/T vs ProComp M/T" and like threads are not Cherokee specific and we seem to get quite a few. Post those threads in the Lifts/Shocks/Tires/Wheels section please.

Thank you.

srmitchell 05-13-2008 10:56 PM

Can I ask why the lift thread is closed to posts?

Im sure a lot of us would like to post our lift set ups.

EricsXJ 05-13-2008 11:02 PM

I will re-open it as long as you follow the rules in the first post. People were using it as a general picture posting thread and general discussion. That is not what it was intended to be. I got tired of deleting and editing every new post on a daily basis so I locked it. If it turns into the same thing again it will be locked again. :)

geewally9 05-13-2008 11:04 PM

oh boy lol

Jeepernick 05-14-2008 08:53 AM

ABOUT TIME :thumbsup:

XJH-007 05-14-2008 09:04 AM

:thumbsup:

Could I get some pictures of you ACTUALLY closing these posts???

:rofl::cheers:

Timo_90xj 05-14-2008 09:17 AM

:thumbsup: This is exactly what I've been waiting for about as long as I've been reading this forum.

One suggestion though, make this thread sticky! Thanks :cheers2:

cheapfix 05-14-2008 09:53 AM

Thanks - great move.

I read and contribute to this section for the tech, not the "what colour should I paint the inside of my oil filler cap" and "where do you guys think I should mount my new flashing doodad/let me show you 5 different photoshopped ideas and we'll talk about it for seven pages" threads! Cheers!

justinwalden 05-14-2008 09:55 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bushytails 05-14-2008 10:04 AM

Because excessive moderation always fixes problems, right?

--Bushytails (the anti-censorship wolfy)

Cruzin Illusion 05-14-2008 10:12 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks

XJH-007 05-14-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushytails (Post 5214993)
Because excessive moderation always fixes problems, right?

--Bushytails (the anti-censorship wolfy)

BAN CENSORSHIP!!!

.........wait..................................... :D

Smittie 05-14-2008 10:53 AM

In the case of online forums and wikis, yes BushTails, excessive moderation is EXACTLY what fixes most problems. JeepForums is a great resources because the signal to noise ratio is low. Keeping the signal high almost always requires someone keeping everyone on topic.

Eric, I appreciate JeepForum. I find it to be the most useful resource in learning what can be done, what should be done and what definitely should not be done. Thank you for the great effort. You should get a raise.

Smittie

aircruiser 05-14-2008 01:56 PM

how is this thread technical?

it should be moved to GD..

:cheers: and yes i agree, alot of useless threads clutter up here..lets just be thankful its not as bad as the TJ section... :laugh:

EricsXJ 05-14-2008 09:38 PM

BTT for a while before I make it a sticky....

The time now is 07:12 PM.