No idle... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > No idle...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
Wulf711
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No idle...

I have an opportuinty to buy a cheap 2000 XJ SE that is pretty banged up. The problem with it that I am worried about is the fact that I cant get it to stay running at Idle. It will start and sounds good if I feather the gas but let the foot off the gas and it dies..... It has been a while since I have had to diagnose a problem like this so..... The ALternator is bad so the battery is dead and it has had some cooling issues due to a run in with a drill auger which crunched the front fairly bad.....

Any advice would be grately appreciated...

Please post or email me at ghorn@arcadis-us.com

Gabe

Live in New York Play Everywhere

Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #15
Wulf711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
XJH-007

Yikes. Better be cheap.

Before you can really diagnose anything you need to get the charging system working. Since the fuel pump is electric and the idle speed controls are electric, having a bunk elec. system could lead you in the wrong direction to fixing it.

It could be as simple as a dirty throttle body, but you won't know till she's charging herself and holding a charge.

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
Wulf711
1997 XJ Cherokee 

correcto

I hooked it up to a truck that was putting out more Amps than my portable jumper and it held idle. I am thinking that I tackled that problem. Now I just need to get the front fix and all the mud off of the undercarraige, drivetrain, interior...... hell what do you expect for $500. I will have to do a build up website....

Gabe
Live in New York Play Everywhere

Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #15
Wulf711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.