Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

No Blower MOtor, tried everything

667 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  PlatinumNiner 
#1 ·
Hi to all , new around here , great site.
My blower motor stopped working a week ago and its really getting cold here in atlantic canada.I have a 97 grand cherokee laredo. I pulled the blower motor out and hot wired it and it worked so i put it back and looked for resistor pack, finally found that and went to parts store got new pack and motor still does not work. I have checked the fuses and all connectors, evereything seems good. So i pulled the front panel off and checked the climate controller board and everything seems alright, do you think it might be the this board(climate control HVAC pane)l? I have searched through 30 forum pages of blower motor related problems and that is the only thing left to check. Driving me nutz, i checked where everything is grounded on the chassis and they all seem good . It just stopped working !!

#2 ·
Just because the switch looks good doesnt mean that it is. Check every fuse in the kick panel and under the hood. Not just the ones that say heat or blower or something like that. Sometimes fuses do more than they are said to do in the manual. If you have a blown fuse dont just replace it and hope for the best. Fuses dont blow for no reason. You have to hunt the problem down and fix it. If you find a blown fuse that blown fuse will give a good hint as to what the problem is. Hope this help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.