Newbie needs help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Newbie needs help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
hondarider

Newbie needs help

So im getting a jeep pretty soon and im wondering what kind of lift to put on it. I either want to but a 4.5 inch or a 3 inch with either 31 or 32. Im not going to do to much rock crawling but mostly just mud and dirt. So what company lift would u recomend for me and maybe some pictures would be nice.

THANKS

hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rubicon Express, Rough Country, or Rustys, look in the lift setups sticky for pics of all the lifts you can think of
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
hondarider

thanks ill check it out.
hondarider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
90lerado

the amount of lift depends on the tire size. decide the tire size you want and go from there. another thing is if you plan to trim your fenders a little bit or not. a 31/10.5/15 tire will fit nicely ona 3 inch lift. i have a 3 inch rustys lift and love it so far. i would recomned the full spring pack kit over the AAL but the AAL isnt all that bad. steer away from lifts that use a shackle or block because with the stock leaf packs you will get massive axle wrap. also there are other things you may need such as a slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft. and with bigger tires its always a good idea to upgrade the brakes and axle. as for axles, try and find a 97+ cherokee with a chrysler 8.25 rear axle or 87-90 witha D44 rear axle as those are the strongest. if you end up with a D35 rear axle or a 85-96 cherokee with the 8.25 axle then you will want to upgrade to a D44 or ford 8.8 axle when going with anything bigger than 31's. some will tell you that the d35 and pre 97 8.25's will hold to a 33 or 35 but they wont for long. plus with a 8.8 upgrade you get disc brakes in the rear.

Wife's/my vehicle: 06 Pontiac vibe awd
Hopefully a jeep sometime in the future
90lerado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.