new xj owner! opinions and suggestions needed! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > new xj owner! opinions and suggestions needed!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
mc6886
1999 XJ Cherokee 

new xj owner! opinions and suggestions needed!

hey guys, I just bought my first jeep, '96 cherokee, 2 door, 5 speed! this is my second vehicle, I just sold my '92 f150 flareside. it came with yellow lights on the bumper and I want to add two clear, regular lights in between them. I'm just stuck between round or a similar rectangle. just want to hear some suggestions! thanks!

image-294161198.jpg

image-2103366244.jpg

Unread 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
helmetface

Ugh, fixed the left one..it's as crooked as a politician..Also hide the wire better.
helmetface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
mc6886
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmetface
Ugh, fixed the left one..it's as crooked as a politician..Also hide the wire better.
yea I know haha I'm going to.
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

When it comes to lighting, always keep DanielSternLighting.com in mind. Amazing reference materials, and sells great products.

That said, you're really just asking an aesthetic question since round vs rectangular is just cosmetic and are independent of quality. I personally like rectangular for XJs since the whole vehicle including all of its other lights are rectangles. Rectangles everywhere! Round fogs just look out of place especially if mounted between your two rectangular ones.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Exactly how blind ARE you? (j/k)
Also, you can legally only have so many lights on at one time (unless your local LEOs just don't care...)
PS: X2 on rectangle for bumper mounted lights. Rounds are OK for roof mount though
PPS: Looks like your driver side headlight needs to be aligned.
sAe23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
mc6886
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23
Exactly how blind ARE you? (j/k)
Also, you can legally only have so many lights on at one time (unless your local LEOs just don't care...)
PS: X2 on rectangle for bumper mounted lights. Rounds are OK for roof mount though
PPS: Looks like your driver side headlight needs to be aligned.
haha yea I've seen trucks and jeeps around here with more than that. plus I'm not one of those guys that keep all of them on haha. I'm working on aligning all of them now

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.