new leafs new squeak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > new leafs new squeak

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

new leafs new squeak

hey guys just put in my new HD leafs ( will get before and after pics soon) but after driving it i am getting a squeak from the rear would the bushings be making the noise? they are polyurethane? it sounds like it is coming from more middle so i dont think its the shocks what is everyones thoughts

Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mine did the same thing when I got mine. go buy some spray white lithium grease and just spray the heck out of them. They will still squeak a bit but after a while it will go away. I haven't sprayed mine in months and they are as quiet as can be.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

alright thats what i was thinking just wanted to see if anyone else had the issue if it stayed like that for the rest of the life of the springs i would not be a happy camper
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.