'New' Jeep XJ..........Got the build bug! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 'New' Jeep XJ..........Got the build bug!

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
TwistedXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

'New' Jeep XJ..........Got the build bug!

Okay so I got the xj two weeks ago, installed a new tc........ was going with lift and tires first but now I am thiking ground up...... I want NEW axles F&B Dana 44's.... anybody know of any websites that sell the total axle? All I kind find is the currie site and a bunch of wright ups. Any information is appreciated.

TwistedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

You do realize beforehand, that you WILL be spending at least a bazillion dollars on this Jeep right?

Have you considered looking in a junkyard? Or maybe go full width? Is this going to be a daily driver or a trail only rig?
Aux. fan switch, homemade BPE's
moved intake, OEM towhooks
Rear disc brakes, JKS disco's
captain_ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
TwistedXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ruggy
You do realize beforehand, that you WILL be spending at least a bazillion dollars on this Jeep right?

Have you considered looking in a junkyard? Or maybe go full width? Is this going to be a daily driver or a trail only rig?
I already new that although the wife is just now realizing that , I am trying to go for right in the middle great on the trail and will still take me around town. I have considered junkyards but am finding it hard to find a direct fit from the 87 - 90 that had the D44....... And I don't have that much wrench time so i don't know if I could rebuild the diff's from a junkyard axle.
TwistedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
paulmatyn

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0pt1kal
I already new that although the wife is just now realizing that , I am trying to go for right in the middle great on the trail and will still take me around town. I have considered junkyards but am finding it hard to find a direct fit from the 87 - 90 that had the D44....... And I don't have that much wrench time so i don't know if I could rebuild the diff's from a junkyard axle.
get a shop to rebuild your diffs and you still should save money. plus if you buy the parts yourself you could save even more money.
paulmatyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.