New Jeep, plenty of issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > New Jeep, plenty of issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #16
stedic
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'll send you some pics later on tonight

stedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #17
stedic
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Can someone go to AutoZone.com and find me a link to repairing my water pump? I'm at work and I can't spend too much time finding the link, I know its there...
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #18
stedic
1992 XJ Cherokee 

here are your pictures. ill have more once i get it back from the shop. Was driving, all of the sudden engine heat went through the roof. Pulled over, coolant everywhere... I don't know what happened, brought it back to shop, most likely when they cleaned the heater core, the pressure was too much and it either busted a line or put the old water pump out of it's misery.
wp_20140107_001.jpg   wp_20140107_003.jpg   wp_20140107_004.jpg   wp_20140107_002.jpg  
Unread 01-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #19
stedic
1992 XJ Cherokee 

water pump was fixed, $410 dollars later... they also broke my fan shroud...
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #20
JeepYJ44
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just moved home for a 2nd time after 2 summers in Banff, wish I was still out there I'd come check everything out, I didn't know the CT in Canmore had an underground garage!

On my YJ I had a fluid leak in my clutch as well, like someone else said, check the level in the clutch master cylinder it's most likely low, I just kept topping that off until it was fixable. Mine was leaking fluid right where the pedal goes through the firewall up under my feet. So check that out.

My XJ just had overheating problems on the drive home from Banff a couple months ago, I ended up replacing the water pump and thermostat in an O'reilys parking lot...not sure if you replaced your T-stat when doing the water pump but it was pretty easy, not sure if yours is the same or not. If it continues, make sure to find out where the coolant's leaking from, mine was bubbling over the overflow reservoir. My rad is in rough shape also, I gave it a spray wash from the engine side out, and I found that helped quite a bit too, lots of junk built up in the fins.

Not sure what your tool situation's like but Canadian Tire has some pretty good deals on socket sets right now, a few of these things are worth tinkering around with yourself to save some dough. Like I said, wish I was still out there to be able to chat Jeeps with. Where do you work in Banff?

Ryan
JeepYJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #21
stedic
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah go figure eh? Nice heated underground garage, great on cold days. I still haven't received my new T-Stat so I haven't put together anything yet. I did end up getting a ratchet set, waiting on baited breath. I work out of Red Deer so the commute is definitely a good enough reason to try and work on improving my mpgs. I just posted this on Reddit, an update on what's been happening.

Tags
cherokee , laredo , manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.