New Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
CjsmithFl
1996 XJ Cherokee 

New Jeep Owner

First of I'd like to say hello to all of you, I've seen alot of really nice jeeps on the fourm and alot of great info aswell. I have been a long time jeep lover and after staring at ad after ad and making calls all week i finaly have found a seller that was acutally willing to sell their jeep. I don't know what the deal is with people posting for sale ad's on Craigslist and when you call them the've decided to keep their jeep or it's no longer for sale, i suppose its just a jeep thing. I met up with a guy yesterday and finally got my hands on a decent jeep. its a 1996 cherokee 5-Speed with 80,7xx. I'm sure several of the questions I have may seem uneducated and thats because they are haha.

this jeep will be some what my daily/trail vehicle.

is there anything you guys can suggest to get me started on this project ?
I plan on doing the standard tune up on it plugs,wires,air filter, front and rear diff fluid and transfercase fluids. and id also like to get a new clutch/pressureplate and throwout. Is there any recomendations for diff and transfercase fluids you all recomend 80/90 ?

Im looking into a lift for it seems there are a lot of cheap lifts that Ireally dont feel comfortable with being the reviews are somewhat lacking.

thanks in advance for the comments and suggestions, I should have some pictures up soon.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.