New isolators better and worse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > New isolators better and worse

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

New isolators better and worse

So recently I was wondering what could be causing my 4.5" rough country coils to be hitting the track bar mount on the drivers side frame rail whenever I hit a bump or really when I flex. Some one on here suggested that the isolators may be tapered, causing them to bend out when flexing. They were tapered, so I replaced both sides, With the help of my buddy tom, and it made my coils hit less often, but now when I do flex, the coils hit harder! And the passenger side has started to hit the frame rail :thumbsdown: when compressed during flex. This is one of those things that has to be repaired before I can do any more trail riding.

My question is, what could be causing this? And what can I do to fix it?

Any and all help is very appreciated. Thanks

Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No oppinions then?
Unread 02-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If my writing is confusing or something, let me know, because I could really use the help here.

If needed I'll just go to 4wp or something.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.