Neutral Safety Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Neutral Safety Switch

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
geep

Neutral Safety Switch

So, my 1991 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 is having a harder time starting. I've been wiggling the transmission shifter for a few months now and I'm sure it's the neutral safety switch going, going , almost gone. Can anyone tell me what the average cost to fix/replace this would be?

I got a ballpark of $300 from a place in L.A.

thanks

geep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2002, 03:36 PM   #2
RookieJeeper

if you have the AW4 tranny use this link http://jeepin.com/features/nss/

he makes it look really easy to do yourself.
Unread 08-19-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
Gene5301

I had the same problem. I went to see my local Jeep Parts counter person. The price for the switch itself is $214.00. He indicated that everyone takes them apart and cleans the contacts.
Gene5301 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2002, 06:57 PM   #4
91Cherokee

get some sandpaper, dielectrc grease, and a flat workbench. Take's about 30 minute's to fix.

another DIY link

http://www.dirtdevils.org/briantechtippage.htm

1989 Jeep Cherokee 2dr
91Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.