negative camber - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > negative camber

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
JVracer04

negative camber

took it for an alignment today since i just put my lift on

they said everything was fine except my camber ... -1.00*

they said they couldnt fix it but i could buy some offset ball joints to possibly correct this problem

anyone know and any places that sell offset ball joints or has anyone else had/have this problem?

LIFETIME alignment owns

Unread 06-22-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
SimpleXJ

NAPA sells them. But at around $90 a pop they are not cheap.

[COLOR=darkred]'88 MJ[/COLOR] - 197K, front bumper, 4" lift front, ford 8.8 & SOA rear
[COLOR=darkred]'96 XJ[/COLOR] - 240K, 5.5" lift, 33's, F&R bumpers, removable rear spare carrier, LED tail-lights, etc.
[COLOR=darkred]'89 XJ[/COLOR] - 200K on body, 20k on new jasper, 3" lift, 31's, F&R bumpers, led taillights
SimpleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #3
wipedawg

I aligned mine the other day. Mine aligned out perfectly, and I have 6 in of lift. Of course I do have a long arm kit and that might have helped . Instead of the ball joints, you might wanna get adjustable uppers and lowers to help dial it in.

6 in lift, 35" Interco Trxus MT's, long armed, Bushwacker cut-out flares, Skyjacker coils(powdercoated grey), RE 4.5 extreme duty leaf packs, Tera 1.5in shackles, AJ's Superrails, AA SYE, TW DS, Blacked out all around. and a buncha RE trackbar stuff, and the infamous ZJ tierod :)
wipedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
JVracer04

enh screw the ball joints

ill just buy a whole front axle...4x4 swap here i come!

now to find a parts jeep for cheap
Unread 06-23-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
SimpleXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipedawg
I aligned mine the other day. Mine aligned out perfectly, and I have 6 in of lift. Of course I do have a long arm kit and that might have helped . Instead of the ball joints, you might wanna get adjustable uppers and lowers to help dial it in.
I assume by "uppers and lowers" you mean control arms.... how exactly will those help his camber?

JV: another used axle may have the same problem. It would be cheaper to fix the one you've got unless there are other problems with it besides balljoints.

Regards,

[COLOR=darkred]'88 MJ[/COLOR] - 197K, front bumper, 4" lift front, ford 8.8 & SOA rear
[COLOR=darkred]'96 XJ[/COLOR] - 240K, 5.5" lift, 33's, F&R bumpers, removable rear spare carrier, LED tail-lights, etc.
[COLOR=darkred]'89 XJ[/COLOR] - 200K on body, 20k on new jasper, 3" lift, 31's, F&R bumpers, led taillights
SimpleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.