negative camber - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > negative camber

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-22-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
JVracer04

negative camber

took it for an alignment today since i just put my lift on

they said everything was fine except my camber ... -1.00*

they said they couldnt fix it but i could buy some offset ball joints to possibly correct this problem

anyone know and any places that sell offset ball joints or has anyone else had/have this problem?

LIFETIME alignment owns

Unread 06-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #2
SimpleXJ

NAPA sells them. But at around $90 a pop they are not cheap.

[COLOR=darkred]'88 MJ[/COLOR] - 197K, front bumper, 4" lift front, ford 8.8 & SOA rear
[COLOR=darkred]'96 XJ[/COLOR] - 240K, 5.5" lift, 33's, F&R bumpers, removable rear spare carrier, LED tail-lights, etc.
[COLOR=darkred]'89 XJ[/COLOR] - 200K on body, 20k on new jasper, 3" lift, 31's, F&R bumpers, led taillights
SimpleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
wipedawg

I aligned mine the other day. Mine aligned out perfectly, and I have 6 in of lift. Of course I do have a long arm kit and that might have helped . Instead of the ball joints, you might wanna get adjustable uppers and lowers to help dial it in.

6 in lift, 35" Interco Trxus MT's, long armed, Bushwacker cut-out flares, Skyjacker coils(powdercoated grey), RE 4.5 extreme duty leaf packs, Tera 1.5in shackles, AJ's Superrails, AA SYE, TW DS, Blacked out all around. and a buncha RE trackbar stuff, and the infamous ZJ tierod :)
wipedawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
JVracer04

enh screw the ball joints

ill just buy a whole front axle...4x4 swap here i come!

now to find a parts jeep for cheap
Unread 06-23-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
SimpleXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipedawg
I aligned mine the other day. Mine aligned out perfectly, and I have 6 in of lift. Of course I do have a long arm kit and that might have helped . Instead of the ball joints, you might wanna get adjustable uppers and lowers to help dial it in.
I assume by "uppers and lowers" you mean control arms.... how exactly will those help his camber?

JV: another used axle may have the same problem. It would be cheaper to fix the one you've got unless there are other problems with it besides balljoints.

Regards,

[COLOR=darkred]'88 MJ[/COLOR] - 197K, front bumper, 4" lift front, ford 8.8 & SOA rear
[COLOR=darkred]'96 XJ[/COLOR] - 240K, 5.5" lift, 33's, F&R bumpers, removable rear spare carrier, LED tail-lights, etc.
[COLOR=darkred]'89 XJ[/COLOR] - 200K on body, 20k on new jasper, 3" lift, 31's, F&R bumpers, led taillights
SimpleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.