Need some help with lift and transfer case questions.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need some help with lift and transfer case questions..

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Happypwnstar
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Need some help with lift and transfer case questions..

Im planing on getting a 4inch IRO long arm lift i know the basics around it well most of them i need help info on the transfer case. I know i can ether drop the TC or can get a SYE and CV drive shaft. I need more specifs though. Like if i were to go the drop i would need to angle the axle...well i dont know about a 4inch lift if i would. That aside I rather just go the SYE path so what else do i need and/or need to do? From the ground up all the detail possible would be great.

Happypwnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Most likely the TC drop won't be enough. It depends on the jeep though. I used a TC drop and I still get vibes around 45-55mph.

If you go the SYE path, either full or HnT, you'll need the CV style shaft like you said. For best results you want the angle of the rear pinion to be in line with the shaft itself, or a couple degrees down to compensate for the changes when apply power to the axle

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Happypwnstar
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Another Issues im confused on.

Do i need a front and rear drive shaft and/or SYE if i lift it or just the back then the TC drop will take care of the front?
Happypwnstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive shaft , lift , transfer case

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.