Need some help with lift and transfer case questions.. -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
2001 XJ Cherokee 
Need some help with lift and transfer case questions..

Im planing on getting a 4inch IRO long arm lift i know the basics around it well most of them i need help info on the transfer case. I know i can ether drop the TC or can get a SYE and CV drive shaft. I need more specifs though. Like if i were to go the drop i would need to angle the axle...well i dont know about a 4inch lift if i would. That aside I rather just go the SYE path so what else do i need and/or need to do? From the ground up all the detail possible would be great.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
2001 XJ Cherokee 
Most likely the TC drop won't be enough. It depends on the jeep though. I used a TC drop and I still get vibes around 45-55mph.

If you go the SYE path, either full or HnT, you'll need the CV style shaft like you said. For best results you want the angle of the rear pinion to be in line with the shaft itself, or a couple degrees down to compensate for the changes when apply power to the axle

Patriot Blue XJ 4x4
RE 4.5" | 305/70/16 MTR K

My Build Thread
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
2001 XJ Cherokee 
Another Issues im confused on.

Do i need a front and rear drive shaft and/or SYE if i lift it or just the back then the TC drop will take care of the front?

drive shaft , lift , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.