Need some help charging R12 A/C - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need some help charging R12 A/C

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
ps2cho

Need some help charging R12 A/C

Hey guys,

92 Cherokee 4.6L stroker.

Next up is A/C. I have experience with R12 systems on my Mercedes, but I am confused with the Jeep.

Problem: I don't see ANY shrader valves at all in the R12 service ports, both high and low..are they missing or is this a jeep thing?

I have a big vac pump gauges and 2.4lbs of R12 to put in. It has NOT been converted to R134a and I have no reason to do so out here in Arizona.

ps2cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

My 92 has em. Gimme a min and I'll go look and see if I can't get a pic.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

One of the two knobs on the back has a schrader valve in it on mine. Can't recall which, it's been about a year since I've messed with it. edit: now that I think about it it may be a presta valve.
img_20130706_223650_787.jpg

img_20130706_223645_779.jpg

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.