Need some advise. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need some advise.

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
sskinner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Need some advise.

OK looking for fog light switch that have print on them (I.E. foglight and maybe a fog light logo)

I has seen daystar switches but I have not found one that has print on them but I know they are out there as I have seen them before.

Also want something that will fit in the OEM location.

EDIT: also will be needing a relay what size should I go with?

sskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
BlueRidgeMark
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Try an RV supply place for switches.

Relay? Depends on the fog lights. What wattage?
BlueRidgeMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Get an OEM Cherokee switch at the junkyard, at the Dealership, or at RockAuto.com.

Look up the formula and do the math. A 30-50 amp relay should be big enough.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
wsar10
2003 WJ 

You should always use a relay for fog lights, using a lo-beam 12v line to run to a switch and than to pin 85 (coil pin) of your relay.
A 30 amp relay will do, this will give you the capability of "up to" 360 watt lighting which is more than adequate for fogs.

I have seen small decals for switches..... IIRC maybe on EBAY.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.