Need section 8P from service manual - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need section 8P from service manual

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
COJeepin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Need section 8P from service manual

Does anyone have the full pdf of the factory service manual for a 2000/2001 (actually I think 1997 upwards would do) XJ? I am looking for the section for the Power Lock Systems which should be section 8P. The pdf I have is missing that chapter and I desperately need it this weekend to trouble shoot why my power locks have stopped working.

I will be ordering the manual myself on Monday (which takes about a week according to my local Jeep dealer) but going to Moab on Wednesday and wanted to get them working for then.

If you have a pdf version with this chapter, perhaps you can shoot me a message and I can tell you how to easily print and send me a chapter through email.

Thanks in advance.

Unread 11-17-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I would delete this before you get in trouble--FSM requests are verboten as they are illegal copies of copyrighted material.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

instead of sending u a FSM, how about telling us some problems ur having with the electrical system so we could help you track them down?
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
lost honda pro
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco
verboten
good word

PM sent.
lost honda pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost honda pro
good word

PM sent.
Ha ha--how many PMs does he need?
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
COJeepin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco
I would delete this before you get in trouble--FSM requests are verboten as they are illegal copies of copyrighted material.
I know and this was this last resort I promise you plus I will be ordering my FSM on Monday. I am not new to diagnosing such electrical issues as had problems with other things before, but I was looking to see if they have more exact continuity tests for the wiring of the locks/switches as it all goes through the passenger side switch panel.

I received some helpful emails from several people (thanks and I will reply later today) and if I still don't get it will post up questions to see if anyone can help.

By the way, how do I delete a thread I started? I can't see an option to do that.
Unread 11-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COJeepin
I know and this was this last resort I promise you plus I will be ordering my FSM on Monday. I am not new to diagnosing such electrical issues as had problems with other things before, but I was looking to see if they have more exact continuity tests for the wiring of the locks/switches as it all goes through the passenger side switch panel.

I received some helpful emails from several people (thanks and I will reply later today) and if I still don't get it will post up questions to see if anyone can help.

By the way, how do I delete a thread I started? I can't see an option to do that.
If you have the wiring diagram from that bootleg PDF that's running around the internet, that's a pretty good tool to use with a VOM. If you want the actual section 8P, he entire diagnosis and testing portion of 8P is only about 2pages long. PM me and I will scan those pages from my printed manual and send it to you.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #8
COJeepin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the offer but I was kindly sent the pages I was needing and currently working my way through the diagnostics. I will post a new thread when I am done diagnosing it in case anyone else has the same problems. So far it is looking like I have a short in one of my lock motors. I should get round to finishing testing each one tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the information I have received. This truly is a great forum with great people willing to help a fellow XJer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.