Need to reattach fender flare 93XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need to reattach fender flare 93XJ

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
WoodyinTroy
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Need to reattach fender flare 93XJ

I took off my rear fender flare last night to do some repair work on the rusted out rocker panel and all of the bolts snapped off the metal mounting brackets. My questions are:
1. Do I need the 3 metal mounting brackets
2. Could I use zip ties to hold it on
3. If zip ties are not an option what nut/bolt setup is the best to keep them on.

Leaving for a wheeling vacation tomorrow (Saturday) AM so I don't have a lot of time to shop for parts.

Thanks in advance for answers.

WoodyinTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

You can drill out the broken bolts and use new bolts. If you have a welder you can tack the bolts in place, if not it will still work.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
WoodyinTroy
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks! Sometimes I make things harder then they need to be.
I do have a welder so I'll drill out the old bolts from those stupid mounting plates and tack a new bolt in there and attach the nut from inside the fender...that sound right?
I was seriously considering zip ties at 11PM lastnight
WoodyinTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.