Need a little help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need a little help

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

Need a little help

So i replaced my GF's heater core and evap core, on a 98 xj sport. Now when putting it all back together i have an extra wiring harness. Its white and comes out with all the other harnesses for the lighters and the rearwiper and rear defroster switch any ideas?

Wjtipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

What doesn't work...?

Are you sure you unplugged it from something? All vehicles have wiring that isn't connected to anything wired into the harness put there for options that were not installed at the factory.
Unread 06-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

i didnt put it all back together yet cause of time constraints today but i kinda figured it might be extra
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

so here is the connector if any one has any idea

Unread 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

so i said to hell with it and started to hook everything back up to see if i was missing anything now when i try to use the locks it makes a buzzing sound and not like a bad actuator, and the rear defrosters does the same thing and the buzz comes from the passenger side. I looked at all the connectors and could find anything that is shorting out does any one have any idea. o god please have an idea. thanks
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

bump
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

So, you FOUND a mate for this connector, but some things don't work properly?
Were there more than one possible mate for that connector? If so, MAYBE check to see if the wires are the same color on each side (not 100% sure on this).
I couldn't find a similar connector in my 1995 FSM (your 1998 has different wiring...), and didn't dig deep enough to look for a red/white wire.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

No i still havent found the mate i walked a way for a few days and will get back to it tonight to see
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

?
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Wjtipps
2002 WJ 

So if any one is still out there I was able to determine their is short in the driver side door i had messed with them a year or two ago and i guess i didn't do the best job. But i was looking to see if i can find a set of wires and harnesses. I have looked online and they are not to easy to come by and if you do find them they are ridiculously expensive. if any one out their has a used one they were looking to sell i would be great full, provided the price is right.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.