Need help quick please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Need help quick please!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
ZackTheJeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Need help quick please!

I have a 2001 Cherokee XJ, The airbag light came on and the horn stopped working all of the sudden at the same time. When I lock it with the remote the horn beeps but nothing happens when I push the horn. I changed the relay but did not solve the problem. Any suggestions so I can get this thing inspected???????

ZackTheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like you might have a bad clockspring. If you're fairly handy it is possible to repair or replace it yourself. If you choose to check it out, you'll want to make sure you disconnect the battery cables first so that the airbag doesn't blow up in your face. XJ Clock Spring Repair Write-up
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
ZackTheJeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sounds like you might have a bad clockspring. If you're fairly handy it is possible to repair or replace it yourself. If you choose to check it out, you'll want to make sure you disconnect the battery cables first so that the airbad doesn't blow up in your face. XJ Clock Spring Repair Write-up
Thanks man I'll check it I'll let you know if it worked
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
ZackTheJeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sounds like you might have a bad clockspring. If you're fairly handy it is possible to repair or replace it yourself. If you choose to check it out, you'll want to make sure you disconnect the battery cables first so that the airbag doesn't blow up in your face. XJ Clock Spring Repair Write-up
THANK YOU SO MUCH! A few hours after this post my check engine light also came on but after I changed my clock spring which was fairly easy my airbag and check engine light went off and my horn worked.
Unread 08-27-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.