need help.. no turn signals in my 88 Pioneer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > need help.. no turn signals in my 88 Pioneer

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
scoutmomof3innc
1988 XJ Cherokee 

need help.. no turn signals in my 88 Pioneer

My 88 runs great.. except that I have no turn signals.. the hazards work fine... have changed all the bulbs, all the fuses, the flashers, the switch and the circuit breaker... still no turn signals... where is the ground wire for these its the only thing I haven't checked and changed... am considering changing the whole turn signal assembly if needed... would love input and guidance

scoutmomof3innc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
CSP

This really should be posted in the XJ Cherokee forum.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
JoshuaGoodwin88

Use a steering wheel puller and make sure everything is good in the steering column
JoshuaGoodwin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

did you change both flasher relays? One for blinkers, one for hazards.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.

Revised 07/23/2012
10-pin-lighting-connector.jpg  

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.