need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > need help

Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

need help

1999 jeep Cherokee 2dr 154xxx on clock

replaced
plugs
wires
cap
rotor
coil
fuel line
fuel rail
fuel injectors
tps
iac
purge valve
ldp
charcoal canister

when driving as long as im on the gas the jeep is fine but as soon as I let off the gas the idle jumps from 800 to 1200 its a steady jump even when I come to a stop the jeep will idle fine this is only while driving im about to burn this f'r to the ground I do have a new cps I didn't get to install yet

plz help ive searched

shouser45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouser45
1999 jeep Cherokee 2dr 154xxx on clock

replaced
plugs
wires
cap
rotor
coil
fuel line
fuel rail
fuel injectors
tps
iac
purge valve
ldp
charcoal canister

when driving as long as im on the gas the jeep is fine but as soon as I let off the gas the idle jumps from 800 to 1200 its a steady jump even when I come to a stop the jeep will idle fine this is only while driving im about to burn this f'r to the ground I do have a new cps I didn't get to install yet

plz help ive searched
Bumppppp
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouser45

Bumppppp
Really?
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
sluff28
2001 XJ Cherokee 

O2 sensors can cause this jumping idle. Not sure if this would be the issue due to good idle standing still
sluff28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
buildin1XJ
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Any Codes? Where have you been buying your sensors from? Cheap lifetime warranty sensors bought from places like advance are very well known to fail right out of the box, which ends up causing you to think all is good. Sounds like you've been throwing parts at it instead of testing.
buildin1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
tnc22
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Speaking of testing: vacuum leak somewhere on your intake matches your symptons bang on.
tnc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildin1XJ
Any Codes? Where have you been buying your sensors from? Cheap lifetime warranty sensors bought from places like advance are very well known to fail right out of the box, which ends up causing you to think all is good. Sounds like you've been throwing parts at it instead of testing.
All parts thrown at it needed to b replaced prolly could have held off on purge valve an charcoal canister all vac lines r good to it was all part of the turn up just don't know why I have n idle issue
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
tnc22
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, but testing! Did you go looking for leaks on your intake i.e. Around the gaskets with a spray or stethescope? Did you check all the individual components that have a vacuum line routed to them?
The basic idea is if there is air getting in somewhere, the engine will act just like having your foot lightly on the throttle. Speaking of which, check that nothing is interfering with your throttle plate or cable or gas pedal. Had my floor mats catch me like that once, holding the gas pedal slightly applied.
tnc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
shouser45
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnc22
Ah, but testing! Did you go looking for leaks on your intake i.e. Around the gaskets with a spray or stethescope? Did you check all the individual components that have a vacuum line routed to them?
The basic idea is if there is air getting in somewhere, the engine will act just like having your foot lightly on the throttle. Speaking of which, check that nothing is interfering with your throttle plate or cable or gas pedal. Had my floor mats catch me like that once, holding the gas pedal slightly applied.
Pulled code p1494 where so I start with this?? I have checked everything what am I missing??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.