My XJ build thread... oh and HI - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My XJ build thread... oh and HI

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-18-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I wish my XJ wasn't a daily driver so I could be able to do that to my floors...

Nice Job!

88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #17
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
I wish my XJ wasn't a daily driver so I could be able to do that to my floors...

Nice Job!
thanks!

actually im getting my jeep ready to be my daily driver. no need for a car payment when i have this already paid off..

if you can take a weekend, you can easily do this in 2 days, i just slacked cause i was pretty busy
AFhockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

do NOT get this stuff on you !!!

i spent at least 20 min in the shower trying to scrub it off and nope... still there

not even acetone works(wasnt trying that hard cause i really dont want to wash myself in it)
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFhockey31 View Post
do NOT get this stuff on you !!!

i spent at least 20 min in the shower trying to scrub it off and nope... still there

not even acetone works(wasnt trying that hard cause i really dont want to wash myself in it)
Brings back memories of "herc on the hootus" thread. Really nice work on the rust repair. She's looking good
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #20
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
Brings back memories of "herc on the hootus" thread. Really nice work on the rust repair. She's looking good
thanks! went and took a look at her this morning and everything is dried up nicely, the interior is back in and ill snap some pics later. it was well worth the effort.

i have quite a list of things in the up coming months but im just happy to get the inside back to where its comfortable to be in
Unread 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Unread 10-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
Wrenchands

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I hope you like the smell of herculiner

Mine is finally starting to not give me a headache if I drive with the windows up after 2 weeks.

Each night, I open all the window and the hatch with a fan blowing through it. Also used 3 cans, but filled the area with the wheel wells a little too much which I think is why it was so strong for so long.

Looks good, and enjoy the fumes
Rhinolined entire Exterior black, and Herculined interior.
Axles: 5.13 gears. Dynatrac ProRock 44 with ARB up front, Rear XJ 44 with Detroit locker and disc conversion.
Steering: Currie Extreme and PSC Hydro-assist

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2973108
Wrenchands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchands View Post
I hope you like the smell of herculiner

Mine is finally starting to not give me a headache if I drive with the windows up after 2 weeks.

Each night, I open all the window and the hatch with a fan blowing through it. Also used 3 cans, but filled the area with the wheel wells a little too much which I think is why it was so strong for so long.

Looks good, and enjoy the fumes
ugh i know what you mean... that **** STINKS.. i was wondering how long it will take to blow out, but wasnt expecting weeks

still happy i did it though
Unread 11-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #24
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

well i was busy this past weekend, and with help from a friend, we put on the new lift.

i found a 4.5 RC lift off of craigslist, brand new and couldnt pass up the 300 bucks on it, at the same time, i also found a set of 33" MT Baja Claws off of here from Rockintjak, which was a great seller, and i thank him for the hook up..

so with that..
well this is the before picture

then we get into the break down of the front suspension.

after it was all complete to the front... we ran out of day light and it was getting cold as hell so this is how it looked after the first day

day two only needed the rear leaf packs dropped, an add a leaf put in, shocks, and rear brake line relocation.

of course this was all way harder to do cause of the mud that ive driven through(and will probably never again do after all this)

Unread 11-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #25
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

this was the only finished shot before my camera died

so with that... i give you .....
from this...

to this...

to finally....

Unread 11-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
nick62087
1999 WJ 

Looks nice. How long did it take to install the 4.5" lift?
nick62087 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #27
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick62087 View Post
Looks nice. How long did it take to install the 4.5" lift?
well with air tools, and an insane amount of mud, it took 2 afternoons... we would have got done with it the first night, prob 6 hrs or so, but we had to PB blast the hell out of the rear spring bolts, cause they would NOT break loose.

if you coat everything down real good to loosen it up, and have some air tools, it would probably only take you 4-6 hrs to do.
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #28
Jon08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great man. It looks like the rockers were flaking off, but in the last pic they look re-done. Did you put herc. on them after the lift? They look good now. Nice job on the Jeep.
2008 Sahara Auto 2 Door 20,450 miles JKUR Coils and shocks, Magnaflow, Superchip, Banks CAI, Winch, OBA and 4:88's

Last edited by Jon08JK; 11-24-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Jon08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #29
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon05Rubicon View Post
Looks great man. It looks like the rockers were flaking off, but in the last pic they look re-done. Did you put herc. on them after the lift? They look good now. Nice job on the Jeep.
thanks a lot..

yeah they were flaking off... i used duplicolor spray in a can.. it doesnt last too well..

i just touched it up to take the pics, im going to sand down the rockers now that the flairs are off and herc them. i may do the rear and front bumpers as well just to get everything even until i get new ones.
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #30
That1guy
2007 WK 

Nice xj.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.